CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"I'm not sure if I can Damon, I-I'm not the same woman, you once loved, I've done horrible things and I made terrible choices" Melrose stated with her face still in his hands

"Rosie, if you want to stand here, and talk about that, then I can also say, that I had done both, made mistakes, horrible choices that even just came out of enjoyment, but that's not what matters" Damon looked her in the eyes as she bit her lip

"Damon, I was a ripper, and-

"I know Rosie, and who cares if you were, being alive longer than we should, sometimes it drives us mad, and-

"How did you know?"

Damon caressed her cheek continuing," You became a ripper, because Damarion was taken away from you. I know because our son knew, but guess what, he still loves you so much, and he just wants you to know that he will not think of you as anything else but his mother-who loves him dearly. Honestly, when he came to me and asked for advice, we somehow, as strange as it is, had a bonding moment together"

"I may not know the Melrose in front of me, especially since hundreds of years, have passed, you were once my world, my everything-No- You still are my world, my everything, and that may sound like a lie, but I can't stop thinking about wanting to know the you, that I have been separated from"

Melrose felt her eyes water as the man she had never been able to forget was pouring his heart out, and the thing Melrose knew about Damon, was that he was not someone who could lie about his feelings, even after being apart. She could look into his eyes, and know what he was thinking, and even being a vampire, who lived for so long, he was still very much the same man deep inside, just like how she was when she was human.

"I don't know the Damon in front of me either, you are, very much different from whom I had known, and I don't want to mistaken the you from the past for the you now, that is unfair-Damon, I'm scared, I'm terrified, to open my heart-my world, my everything? that was what you were. I want to believe that you can still be"

She then wrapped herself with her arms "Damarion, he had become that for me, when I had lost you. Him being your son, I had not been able to forget you for even a moment, but is it even remotely possible for us to pick up where we left off of?"

Damon leaned his forehead on Melrose's," I won't say we pick up where we left off, because that would mean we are just trying to forget everything that happened in our lives. We are definitely different people, like we know we are, but the one that made us, was before we became vampires. It's was drove us to the lives we had, and it's true, that I had spent years, chasing a woman who never loved me, where you, were the only woman who had loved me, and I think that's where everything in my life went wrong"

"I believed in the lies of our fathers, and I was weak, and I am still very weak, but do you trust me, when I say that you and Damarion gave me hope? You gave me hope that there is such a thing called a happy ending. As a vampire, it seemed impossible, living forever when in truth, it's lonely, it's terrifying, it's painful as we watch the world change, where we are left stranded"

Melrose felt her tears flood out of her eyes as it wet her cheeks down her face.

The man, whom she loved, Damon Salvatore, was standing in front of her, desperately confessing everything, even she knew words were not fake, it was all real, it was sincere.