CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Melrose had finished her workday at the local library, making her way to the Grill for an early dinner, since Damarion, said he was going to be home later, but she did not expect when entering the Grill, she would be surprised to see a face she mi...

Melrose had finished her workday at the local library, making her way to the Grill for an early dinner, since Damarion, said he was going to be home later, but she did not expect when entering the Grill, she would be surprised to see a face she missed.

"Elijah," Melrose said as he entered seeing him with her son and he looked up, being far away, but heard her voice loud and clear, as he smiled as she ran over for an embrace.

"I- Elijah, what are you doing here?" Melrose said happily, but then frowned," Wait, is everything alright?"

Elijah chuckled," Like mother like son, I came for a visit, and everything is perfectly fine Rosie"

"Oh" Melrose let out a breath as Damarion snickered

"I was going to message you, but when you said you were going to the Grill for dinner, I thought we'd surprise you"

She chuckled at her son caressing his cheek lovingly," Well, coloured me surprise, you little rascal" He scrunched his nose embarrassed at his Mother but still pleased with making her happy.

"Well, why don't we have our dinner?" Elijah spoke up as the Mother and Son duo nodded joining him at a table, and they got comfortable before just jumping into a conversation, and order food.

The dinner, was really comforting, for the pair, hearing news about what has happened with Niklaus, and that he was not searching for them since he was occupied with a woman.

"I can't believe it, so, what is the girl's name?" Melrose asked as Elijah chuckled

"Keira Hale, she is of a werewolf descent"

"Wow, someone actually taming Niklaus, that's a story I got to hear" Damarion snickered amused at the news.

"So, how about you Elijah? How's the love life?" Melrose questioned interested in her close friends' affairs as he let out a sigh

"It's complicated"

"Really? How so?" Melrose asked as he looked at he

"Niklaus" Both the mother and son shared looks

"Did he do something to her?"

"I wouldn't say that" As Elijah said those words Melrose reached for his hand, knowing what the issue was. He fancied the woman, that Niklaus was with, it was something the pair of brothers seemed to always end up doing, just like Damon and Stefan.

The four brothers, all tended to love the same woman, and it would always just end with one's happiness, while the other, had been left heartbroken.

"There will be a woman, who will love you and only you one day Elijah. Promise me, and don't give up on that hope, because I can assure you, that everything you did for Me and Damarion, and all those other lives you saved, you will get what you deserve, the happy ending "Elijah smiled at her.

"I agree, and when you do find that someone, make sure to tell Mum and I" Damarion added in as the two longtime friends turned to the teen who was beaming.