CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

The one thing Damon, didn't know he would end up doing on a Friday at that, is following the three to the Grill and watching from afar like it was an instinct of him being protective of Melrose and Damarion

When Damon saw Melrose reached over to caress the originals hand, he was not having it anymore.

He got up leaving the Grill not wanting to see the affection between the two. He was absolutely and utterly Jealous.

When he left, he went straight for his home, wanting to drown this jealousy with some bourbon, his go to, to become numb.

Elijah and Melrose sat on her porch in front of her house, as Damarion went to bed, wanting them to speak since they have been clearly missing one and another," So, you actually introduced Damarion to Damon, I never thought you did, and so soon" Elijah said to Melrose.

She let out a sigh, but not one of frustration, but calmer," Yes, it, kind of just happened"

"Well, I take it's going well, since Damarion referred him to his Dad"

Melrose perked her head up looking at the original," He did? When?"

Elijah was amused at the smile trying to make it on her face," The minute, I showed up at the school" Melrose looked away from his face and face forward not saying another word, trying to process the news, her own son, actually called Damon, his father.

"Damon, he came to me today" Melrose spoke, as she talked about the entire conversation that took place just earlier in the day.

She didn't leave anything out, as Elijah listened to word for word, he was completely amazed at The Damon Salvatore, for being a hopeless romantic.

The thing about Elijah was that he felt rather connected to the Older Salvatore, being in a comparable situation as him.

The Elder brothers, who never seem to get the woman, they both inclined to fancy together, and end up on the side, heartbroken, and unloved, whereas the younger ones, got there happy ending.

"Do you believe him?" Elijah questioned, worried for his dear friend, who had sacrificed a lot for herself for her son, which also meant her chance in happiness in love when she could have found another.

She did not open her heart to anyone, in fear of the same tragic events to happen to her.

"Well" Melrose started to tell Elijah, about the truth, of the events that took place many years ago, about their father's disapproval of them together, that led to lies and betrayal-which led the couple astray from a future together.

"Your own fathers, were the ones who took away your happy ending, Rosie, if you believe in him, then take the opportunity, do not let it go. If you have faith in seeing a future with him, for once Rosie, be selfish" Elijah said as he looked into her eyes," You have no time limit, there is no need for a rush, slow and steady, and I can guarantee, you will get your happily ever after"

Melrose chuckled at the last three words," What is this a fairytale?"

Elijah let out a laugh," It's a new beginning, he was the first, and he will be the last, if you truly believe it to be possible"