CHAPTER NINETEEN

"You may have denied at the beginning about me being your son, and you might still do, and heaven knows, you are the least favourite person in my books, but I came here to ask you for help," Damarion admitted to his father, and he saw him almost s...

"You may have denied at the beginning about me being your son, and you might still do, and heaven knows, you are the least favourite person in my books, but I came here to ask you for help," Damarion admitted to his father, and he saw him almost smile even if it was not a compliment.

"Thank you, I'm really flattered, so, these night terrors, what can you say about them?" Damon questioned his son.

His son hesitated for a moment then let out a deep breath "Mum, she mumbles the word ripper, a few times, and sometimes she just says random numbers" Damarion confessed as Damon froze at the word 'ripper', he knew exactly what that was, but for Melrose to mumble it in her sleep?He couldn't believe it for a moment, that Melrose could have been one

"A Ripper is a sadistic vampire, who enjoys abusing, or even mutilating their victims" Damon stated as Damarion closed his eyes, he knew, that certain time, for a couple of years, his Mother turned off her humanity, it was when he was taken from Niklaus, he had overheard from Elijah who was talking to Niklaus about it.

"Mum, she had been one, for a few years" Damarion explained the situation in detail, and also adding, that Melrose did not know he knew about it," Do you think, that the memories resurfacing, could...could drive her to turn off her switch again?" He fiddled his thumbs horrified at the thought, of his loving mother ever awakening that side of her again.

"She won't, and we'll make sure she doesn't, I had been one, before, although, it was because I had got experimented on, and your uncle Stefan, had gone through it a couple of times, and it really destroys a person"

Damon specified as he knelt down in front of his son, patting his leg. Damarion touched his father's hand," Thank you" He said gratefully as the two shared a short moment, the first moment as father and son without the hostile and awkward feelings, it was sincere.

After the little exchange between the two, somehow, they started to converse with each other, Damon asking questions about his son, and Mother, and Damarion about his fathers time as a human with his Mother.

The two learning and reminiscing about their shared memories together.

The conversation kept going on for hours, that the two did not see Stefan and Elena entering the home, as they watched in secret at the pair speaking to each other.

The couple shared looks at each other smiling at the scene, something they probably never see, Damon and his son.

It hasn't even been a month since the news of his past lover, and son had come into the picture, and everyone in Mystic Falls acquainted with the Older Salvatore, believed that this can be the good in his life he deserved.

It was no secret, that Damon, had lingering affections for his own little brother's lover, and many knew of his misfortunate past of loving a woman, who only loved his brother.

Most curious, about the tragic tale of why Melrose and Damon, were torn apart, which that only the two knew the truth, albeit learning of the truth only recently.

Would it be possible for them to meet each other halfway and fix what had been broken?