CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Melrose was stood in her home, peering through her bedroom window smiling at the party that was currently taking place on her farm

To say, that having a lot of teenagers on her property, was never she thought would happen in her entire life, even as an immortal. Even, if she was frozen at the age 27, Melrose, never had the chance to really enjoy her life.

After all she was a single mother, but she did not regret having Damarion, for he was her world.

"Are you really not going to join them?" Melrose who was holding a glass of bourbon brought it up to her lips humming

"I never really been the partying type of gal" She turned to Damon who was leaning on her door stub, to say she was nervous out of her mind, would be exactly what was happening.

"What do I owe the pleasure of entering my house unannounced?" Melrose put her glass down on her nightstand beside her as she sat on her window sill. She did not look him in the eyes but instead looked out the window.

"I want to talk," Damon said and Melrose wanted to scoff but she just let out a long sigh

"I'm all ears," She said grabbing her glass standing up walking past him. He took the signal to follow her as she took him downstairs to the living room, walking straight for her little bar on the side.

She poured a glass for Damon as she sat down on her single armchair across from the couch he sat on," I wanted to talk about, what happened"

"Fine with me, so, let's begin with when I found out was pregnant with our child. I had wanted to tell you right away, but my father, said an arrangement, was the proper way, so I sent Marie, my handmaiden to deliver the message"

"The message I never got...I was told by my father, that your father told him, you ran away with your secret lover, and both committed suicide"

Melrose laughed leaning back bringing her glass to her lips taking a sip," It seems, our fathers conspired together" Damon replied

"Indeed so, Fate was always a fickle little thing, but it does not change the fact, that you slept with Katherine, the moment you thought I had died. It goes to show how little your trust was. I mean really? believing I had another? When I vowed to you, that you were the only one," Melrose sneered

"Rosi- Melrose raised her hand stopping Damon from speaking

"I don't need an explanation, what done is done, Damon" She put her empty glass down on the coffee table in front of her.

She then smiled," It's interesting, it seems you and your brother are tied to the fate of the Petrova's, it must be some kind of curse stringing along brothers"

Damon cocked his eyebrow in confusion making Melrose roll her eyes "Elena, the two of you fancy her" She leaned on her arm.

She had also known about Tatia, who had strung along Elijah and Niklaus, such a cruel thing really.

"How do you know about that?" Damon asked her and she chuckled

"Damon, I spent hundreds of years with the Mikaelson's, I know about Katerina Petrova, and how you spent years, since you turned searching for her in a tomb she was never in"

Damon tensed up at her words, and Dear Melrose, was hurting, she hated her emotions, and even experienced shutting off her humanity when Damarion was taken from her, and the damage she did would forever haunt her.

She was a ripper, and Elijah was the one who saved her.