Chapter 20: Preparing for Nationals

Days later, it was July 13th and that was on a Saturday, which was the first day of rehearsals for Nationals and the next day would be a day off for everyone as Abby, Spencer and Gianna were in Studio A and everything was prepared.

"Your rap song was fantastic." Gianna commented to her boyfriend.

"Thanks, Gia." Spencer said.

"You're welcome."

"And what's amazing is that you recorded the rap in just one take." Abby added.

"I let the music come to me like i do when i dance." Spencer stated.

"That's good, now we've got Nationals to prepare for, then we head to the awards show we've been invited to and then we head on our road trip around the country."

"We sure do." Then the moms and girls arrived at the studio minutes later.

"Come on! Come on!" Abby called as the girls including Vivi entered and the moms came in next, then she turned to Spencer to let him have the floor to speak.

"Ok, In10sity dance was intense, we saw a ton of mistakes and every solo needed to strive for perfection." Spencer told them. "That was the last competition before Nationals, we said it before and we'll say it again, you won the national title last year and we want to win back to back national champions."

"This week, we'll be staying here in sunny Los Angeles like we did last week, but however, we'll be going to one of the most famous zip codes, can you guess what that is?" Abby asked.

"90210 aka Beverly Hills." Christi and Melissa answered, grins on their faces as Holly, Kelly and Jill had grins as well.

"You got it!" Spencer exclaimed.

"We'll be headed to the Energy Dance National Invitational, but before we get started, let's give Spencer and Brooke a round of applause for recording their songs." Abby added.

Everyone applauded as Spencer and Brooke both smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, now let's get to the pyramid, Mom, you go first."

"Ok, thank you Spence." Abby said, then the first photo she revealed was the headshot of Paige. "Paige, it's obvious that you knew you were going to be there because you forgot your dance, you've got a lot of talent that you're able to show, one, because of an injury and two, you don't remember what you are doing."

"Next..." Spencer revealed the next photo, which was Nia's headshot. "Nia. Mom and i thought you could have been better, we need you to be as strong at the end like you are at the start."

"Next we have" Abby revealed the next photo, which was Kendall's headshot. "Kendall, you came out to the stage exciting, energized and strong, but those turns you did were really sluggish, even your mother pointed that out to us and you got fifth place because of that."

"Next is..." Spencer revealed the next photo, which was a photo of Brooke. "Brooke. Brooke, you won in your division, we were proud of you , but we know that you are capable of doing more and you're lazier than Garfield."

"Next..." Abby revealed the first photo on the second row, which was Mackenzie's headshot. "Mackenzie, it's the easy stuff that you are messing up and that is why you got second place in your division."

"Next on the pyramid..." Spencer showed the headshot, which was a headshot of Vivi. "Vivi, you did well, you got first, but we know that there is always room for improvement."

"Next...Chloe." Abby said, revealing Chloe's headshot. "Chloe, you're improving and you are having a renaissance season because when you were lacking at the start of the season, you started turning things around during the second half of the season and even though you got second, we can see that you've been more motivatied in the past few weeks and that's a good sign."