Chapter 4: Down a Dancer, Abby Lee vs Candy Apples, Act II

It was monday and that was two days after defeating the Candy Apples for the second time and at the studio, Abby and Spencer were standing near the pyramid while Vivi was in a tap class.

"Girls, come on! Let's go!" Abby called and the girls all walked in and the moms were right behind them. "Let's have a big round of applause!"

The girls and moms all clapped.

"And we made Applesauce out of those rotten apples!" Spencer added as everybody laughed.

"This weekend, we'll be headed to Nutley, New Jersey to attend Starbound and that is the competition that you won the National Title and you know that we have to walk in there as defending National Champions."

"Ok, Solos go to Mackenzie, Maddie and Chloe. Mackenzie, your solo is named Come Alive, Maddie, your solo is called Shake The Room and Chloe your routine is Can't Stop Me and the group is called Lights, Camera, Action."

(Mackenzie's solo costume for Come Alive: Hanging sequin lace over beige spandex brief-cut leotard with cold shoulder and open back detail.)

(Maddie's solo costume for Shake The Room: Sequin mesh and mesh over foil spandex cold shoulder shortie unitard with plunging back detail, attached fringe skirt and foil binding trim.)

(Chloe's solo costume for Can't Stop Me: Geometric sequin mesh tunic over spandex shortie unitard with cut out back etail and adjustable straps, attached sash and buckle trim.)

(Group Costume for Lights, Camera, Action: Multi Squin Mesh over spandex shortie unitard with adjustable straps and attached hologram sequin fringe, binding trim)

It was thursday, which was the day before they were gonna ride the bus to Nudley, New Jersey and Vivi was in the Dancer's Den just relaxing after a tap class, then Brooke walked in.

"Vivi, can i talk to you for a second?" Brooke asked.

"Sure, what's going on?" Vivi wondered as Brooke sat with her.

"I was talking to my mom yesterday and i wanted to try teenage things instead of being in dance, i'm gonna head to cheerleading tryouts at my school this weekend." Brooke explained.

Vivi's eyes went wider than saucers, she wasn't able to comprehend why Brooke was gonna go for cheerleading tryouts because the competition was this weekend and Brooke was at the front of the group routine and if her mother and brother found out, they were gonna be mad.

"Brooke, i love you like a sister and i always will, but you realize that my mom and my brother are going to be mad at you, Paige and your mother if you do this?" Vivi told her.

"Mom, Vin, there's something about Brooke i want to talk to you--" Vivi spoke, but she was cut off when Kelly came into Studio A.

"Kelly, where is Brooke?" Abby wondered, still trying to figure out why Brooke wasn't there for rehearsals.

"That's the thing i want to talk to you about." Kelly told them. "I do not think she will be coming this weekend."

Abby and Spencer looked at each other, wondering why Brooke wasn't gonna be at the competition.

"All right, what is going on?" Abby asked.

"We talked about it and Something came up at her school that she wanted to do and i am going to allow her to do it."

The other moms were all in the observation room seeing Abby and Spencer's face contort in anger, they knew that Vivi was about to tell them about that before Kelly came in and let them know herself.

"So, Brooke is out?" Spencer stated and Kelly nodded.

"You are making a decision for me, my kids and everyone in this group, you're allowing a 13 year old to dictate our future and their future." Abby told Kelly, a hint of anger in her voice.