Chapter 10: Unforgettable Loss

After rehearsing the whole week they were in New York City, It was a snowy day as the Van that had Abby and crew arrived at the auditorium, where Starbound would be held at, then once the van came to a stop, they all got out with Spencer and Abby getting out first.

"Come on ladies, it's showtime!" Spencer called as the moms and girls got out, then he got them checked in to the competition as Abby, Gianna, Vivi, the girls and moms headed to the dressing room, then he came into the dressing room as the girls were getting ready.

"Thanks for getting us checked in." Gianna told her boyfriend.

"You're welcome." Spencer stated.

(Group costume for Window In Space: Metallic big hole mesh over spandex brief-cut leotard, wet look silkt stretch asymmetrical skirt with elastic waistband.)

(Maddie's solo costume for On My Own: Foil dot mesh dress with cinched waist and attached beaded applique on pins over spandex leotard.)

(Chloe's solo costume for The Night Is Still Young: Leotard with a natural colored mesh and lycra with hand sewn sequins, stones and beads.)

"Ok, listen real closely, we're at Starbound in New Jersey and we're national champions, but we'll tell you this, these studios are are really talented and were not at last year's nationals, but they are no pushovers, so you have your work cut out for you today." Abby stated, then minutes later, the girls got finished getting ready and headed to the stage as Abby, Spencer, Vivi, Gianna and the moms all headed to their seats and sitting behind them were Cathy, Jill and the moms of the Candy Apples.

"Please welcome in our junior small groups, the Abby Lee Dance Company with Window In Space!" The girls all took their spots and they began their dance, they did well with their dance and made sure to keep it that way, then they ended their routine and left the stage.

"Next we have the Candy Apples Dance Center with Let Me Be The One!" Izzy, Kerisa, Sarah, Taylor and Erika were decked out in a sequin mesh over spandex leotard with adjustable straps and front lining with attached water color chiffon drape and skirt with tendril detail and Justice was in a tanktop and pants. They did their routine and surprinsingly, they did as well as the ALDC's routine and at the end, they posed and headed off stage, then next were awards for the group dances.

"Mom, i'm a little nervous, i think this could be the week that Cathy beats us." Spencer admitted.

"I think that could happen, but hopefully our girls can pull it off." Abby said as the group awards started with tenth place.

"In tenth place, is Window In Space by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The girls looked a little sad over getting tenth place as Abby, Spencer, Gianna, Vivi and the moms all sighed in exasperation, they were now hoping that Cathy's dancers didn't place.

"Oh, boy." Vivi sighed, she couldn't believe that the girls got tenth place as the moms looked on.

"That's us." Christi sullenly commented. "We have never come in tenth place, but it is what it is."

"You're right about that." Melissa agreed.

"I feel so humiliated, we're champions of starbound and i bet the judges didn't get it, but that is their right and that's what we get when we go to competitions, Abby told me and Spencer when we were younger." Gianna stated.

"We have never come in tenth place before in all the years we've been coming to Abby's studio." Kelly told the moms.

"Yeah." Holly agreed.

"Hopefully Cathy doesn't place." Melissa said.

"In ninth place by one point, Let Me Be The One by Candy Apples Dance Center!" The Candy Apples dancers all got up and received their award, they were happy that they had finally beaten Abby's crew.