Chapter 19: Arriving in Hollywood, Singing Brooke and Rappin' Spencer

The week after the recital, Kaya and Nicaya joined the team, but their stay was brief because Kaya had hostility with the other moms and they left the competition, which was in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Brooke eventually wrote a song called Summer Love Song and Spencer wrote a rap song called Just Can't Stop Rockin, which was based off a old rap song about the MLB's Chicago Cubs that was released in 1989 so Abby and Kelly would have them record the songs at a recording studio when they got to Hollywood.

The day after the competition, it was sunday and in Los Angeles that morning, a plane that flew in from Chicago was seen landing at Los Angeles International Airport and it got to it's gate. Once it arrived, the passengers got off the plane and Abby, Spencer, Gianna and Vivi were on that flight.

"We're here in Los Angeles!" Spencer exclaimed.

"We sure are." Gianna added. "For this week and next week, we'll head home after we attend an awards show the sunday after next and we'll be staying at the Loews Hollywood Hotel, it's ten minutes from there to the studio we'll be rehearsing at."

"You're correct on that, Gianna." Abby commented, then she turned to her son. "Just to let you know, your room will be the director's suite and only for this week, you'll have a roommate, but starting with the day after this competition aka the day before rehearsals for Nationals, you'll have that room to yourself."

"Ok."

"We'll also be rehearsing at Millennium Dance Complex for this upcoming competition and Nationals, so we'll have a lot to do."

"Yes we will." Vivi commented.

Almost 30 minutes later, the taxi van that they were in arrived at the Loews Hollywood Hotel and once it stopped at the entrance, Abby, Spencer, Vivi and Gianna got out of the vehicle and got their bags and entered the hotel, Abby got them checked in and once the moms and girls arrived, they would be already checked in and Abby had already informed her kids and Gianna that they were gonna be on the 20th floor

Room had a and it had a king sized bed, coffee maker, closet, a flat screen tv, closet, a bathroom with a shower, sink and towels, a living area with a full size sofa bed, dresser, desk with a chair and a rectangular side table and it also gave fantastic views of the Los Angeles Skyline and the Hollywood & Highland mall which is next to the hotel.

A few hours later, Spencer was reading an ESPN magazine, then he heard a knock on the door, which meant that his roommate had arrived.

"That's my roommate for this week." Spencer stated as he got up from sitting down on the sofa, he went to the door to see who it would be and he opened it and his eyes went wide like saucers at who he saw, it was Jill. "Oh, no."

"Hey, Spencer." Jill greeted as she walked in and put her suitcase down, then later, when everyone was asleep, Jill slept on the sofa bed and she was snoring, much to the annoyance of Spencer and because of that, he had trouble getting sleep.

"Why me?" Spencer thought as Jill was snoring, through that week, Jill annoyed him a lot and even though Abby could tell that Jill was annoying her son, she told him to try to get through the week with Jill as his roommate for her.

At a recording studio a few days later during the week of rehearsal, Kelly brought the girls there so Brooke could record her song, Summer Love Song which was gonna be produced by a producer named Seven, Brooke would sing with the girls on background, then once they were done, Abby brought Spencer in to record his rap, he went in the recording studio and put the headset on, then the rap beat began with drums and the minute Spencer began recording his rap, there was a rhythm guitar with the drums and it was on beat with his lyrics.

(Verse 1)

Hey, yo, Spencer Miller is my name

Dancing is the thing and that's my game