Chapter 2: Rehearsals, First competition of the Season

The next day, it was Kendall's very first day at the Abby Lee Dance Company and in Studio A, Maddie's solo was the first to be rehearsed with Abby and Vince helping her out.

"Maddie, like we told you yesterday, it's going to be a tough year since you are now competing in the Elite Junior Soloist division since you are now nine." Spencer stated, then the rehearsal took an hour, the Nia's rehearsal was next and the moms were talking about Jill while Chloe was rehearsing her solo and Holly wasn't there because of work and that did not sit well with Abby and her son.

"Where is our new bff, Jill?" Christi asked.

"She'll be here." Melissa stated.

"More than likely, she's probably getting gifts for Abby, Spencer and Vivi." Christi predicted and as she said that, Kelly started laughing.

"I think she is really nice even though we do not know her, so i'm just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt." Melissa commented. "But i heard from somebody that three people quit from where they were dancing because of Jill."

"It's obvious she's a crazy mom and that's why those three people left from wherte they were dancing, it's safe to say that we have heard nothing good about her." Kelly said.

"A couple of people were telling me that it is funny Jill wormed her way into the studio after our kids auditioned for Lux's music video and the next day she was bringing Kendall in for classes and the audition." Christi told them.

"I know." Kelly added.

"Your reputation precedes you."

Outside of the studio, a Ford E350 minivan was seen arriving at the studio and at the wheel was Jill and in the front seat was Kendall. Jill parked her vehicle and she and her daughter got out and walked to the entrance of the studio and as they entered, Kendall went to the Dancer's Den and got ready and Jill went upstairs to the observation room.

"Hi." Jill greeted.

"It's your first day." Kelly told her.

"It's my first day." Jill said. "My name is Jill.

Christi shook her hand. "I'm Christi."

Melissa was the next to shake Jill's hand. "I'm Melissa."

Kelly was the last to shake her hand before Jill sat down. "And i'm Kelly."

Back down in Studio A, Abby and Spencer were watching Kendall rehearse her dance.

"Tight! Cut under!" Spencer yelled to Kendall.

"Cut under!" Abby instructed as Kendall kept dancing as the moms watched.

"I'm sure Kendall is going to hang and we came from a studio that was in Roselle and this past summer, we moved here to Park Ridge and before then, we lived in River Grove." Jill told them.

"We know you've been driving for years and this is closer, why didn't you come here?" Christi asked.

"I'm not gonna lie, but i haven't heard great things about Abby." Jill admitted.

"We've always beaten your studio whenever we faced off." Melissa said.

"Yeah, we sure did." Kelly agreed.

"Maddie and Chloe have gone head to head with Kendall and they've won against her last year." Christi stated.

"Since then, Kendall has come a long way." Jill told them.

"We all have come a long way." Kelly commented.

"Yeah." Melissa agreed.

"It's all about the win, because we are here to win." Jill said as Christi rolled her eyes.