Chapter 1: A Brand New Season Begins, Auditions

It was October 24th and on that day, it was the first day of the new dancing season for the Abby Lee Dance Company, who are coming in as the defending national champions after winning the national title three months prior and arriving at the studio was Spencer, who was driving his Chevrolet Suburban as he parked his vehicle in his parking space, which is next to Abby's parking space and Abby's escalade was there, which meant that his mother was there as Spencer got out of his vehicle and walked to the entrance and saw that Abby, Vivi and Gianna were at the front desk near the rear entrance/exit that was recently built and it was next to the dressing room.

"Spencer Miller here, reporting for duty." Spencer said as Abby, Vivi and Gianna laughed.

"Hello, Spence." Gianna stated as she got up and kissed him and hugged him.

"Hey, Gia." Spencer replied, then he walked over to Abby and gave her a kiss on the cheek and hugged her. "Hey, mom."

"Hi, sweetheart." Abby said, giving him a hug.

"Hey, bro." Vivi greeted as Vince gave her a hug too.

"Hello, Vivi."

"How's it going?"

"I'm doing good. I'm ready for a new season."

"We can tell." Gianna commented, then a young lady around 23 with green eyes and brown hair approached and her name was Rachael Thoma and she was the newest member of the Abby Lee Dance Company faculty with some music.

"Abby, Gia, i've got the music for the competition." Rachael told them.

"Thanks." Abby said, then Spencer looked over at Rachael, then he turned to his mother and his girlfriend and Vivi looked on.

"Just wondering, Who's that?"

"Spencer, Vivi, i would like for you to meet Rachael Thoma, she's the newest member of the Abby Lee Dance Company faculty. Rachael, this is my son Spencer or Spence for short and with us is my daughter, Vivi-Anne." Abby introduced.

"Hi, Spencer. Hello, Vivi. It's a pleasure to meet you" Rachael said, shaking their hands.

"The pleasure is all mine." Spencer commented.

"Mine too." Vivi stated.

"Abby told me a lot about you two, also Gianna, Jennine, James and Matt speak highly of you two." Rachael stated and the Matt she just mentioned was Matt Saffron, who is another faculty member of the Abby Lee Dance Company, then she turned to Gianna. "Gianna, Spencer does look a lot like Abby."

"Yes he does." Gianna said, then Vince and Abby went into Studio A to set the pyramid up and then the girls and moms arrived as Vivi went to a tap class.

"Come on, girls!" Abby called as Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige and Chloe all entered Studio A.

Spencer noticed that Holly wasn't with Melissa, Kelly and Christi as he looked at Nia. "Nia, where is your mother?"

"She's at work." Nia answered.

Abby and Spencer rolled their eyes.

"Nia, we know you want this and love this, but your mother has to love it for you, so she needs to quit the job, forget it and be here in the studio with you." Abby said to Nia.

"All righty, first of all, we won the national title at Starbound in Lake Tahoe and you've got that to be proud of, then after a few days rest back here at home, we went back to Los Angeles and you did a music video and people now know who you are from seeing that video, but since you 're now the defending national champions, that makes you a target, So what that means is that every dance studio in the country wants to beat you and take the title." Spencer explained.