Chapter 12: Two Solos at Starpower

Three weeks had passed since the second half of the dance season began and the ALDC won one of the first three competitions, which meant they were on a rocky start to the secould half and the day was April 30th and Spencer was at the front desk with Abby, Vivi and Gianna.

"Where are we headed this week?" Vivi asked.

"According to the schedule, we're gonna head to Starpower in Woodbridge, Virginia." Spencer answered his sister. "Also it's the 25th anniversary of Starpower because it began in 1987."

"It sure did." Abby said.

"Ok, we have two solos and the group dance." Gianna stated, then she noticed her boyfriend was deep in thought about something.

"What could be on Spencer's mind?"

"Aha!" Spencer snapped his finger with a grin on his face. "I've come up with a great idea!"

"What could it be?" Vivi asked, then Spencer signaled for them to huddle up so he could tell them his idea.

"Ok, here is what i have in mind..." Spencer said as he whispered the idea to his mother, sister and girlfriend, then the four broke the huddle.

"Spencer, that is a genius idea!" Abby exclaimed.

"I agree, but the moms will be real mad at us." Gianna told him.

"Screw what the moms think." Spencer retorted, rolling his eyes.

"You are so right." Abby stated, then minutes later, the girls arrived and got ready and headed inside Studio A.

"We went to Waterford, Michigan to compete at Energy Dance competition, it didn't go well because you came in second again. Any other dance teacher would have thought that was overall high score, second place was wonderful, but in the ALDC, like my mom always says, Second is the first to lose." Spencer told the girls, quoting Abby.

"Now, we move on to Pyramid. We start off with Paige and Brooke." Abby stated, then she revealed Paige's and Brooke's headshots with the word "Probation" on both of them, they had been put on probation last week because Kelly had their solos pulled. "You two are still on probation and didn't come to us and ask if you could enter your solo. Brooke, you should have wanted to do your routine, it's acrobatic, it was beautiful."

"Next is Nia." Spencer said, revealing Nia's headshot. "You did a great job with your solo, made the top ten, but here's an important tip, pay attention to your technique and apply the corrections."

"Next, Chloe." Abby revealed Chloe's headshot. "Chloe, you were fantastic in the duet, you had a good weekend."

"Next on the pyramid is Maddie." Spencer revealed Maddie's headshot. "We gave you an outstanding solo and like Chloe, you were fantastic in the duet."

"And on the top this week, Mackenzie!" Abby revealed Mackenzie's headshot as everyone clapped.

"This upcoming weekend, we'll be heading to Starpower in Woodbridge, Virginia. Starpower is one of the biggest competitions in this country." Spencer informed. "Ok, this group dance, which is named The Way We Move has been prepared for weeks and Mackenzie, you're in it too. But you have to do what the other girls do. Maddie, you'll be doing a solo named Air. Chloe, you'll also be doing a solo named Set It All Free."

Brooke raised her hand.

"Yes, Brooke?" Abby said.

"This weekend, my school is holding a formal school dance and i was wondering if it would be ok if i go to it?" Brooke asked.

"Brooke, if i was in your shoes, i wouldn't go, but if it's something that you want to do, then you have my consent." Abby answered. "You won't be in the group number this week and won't be able to travel with us this week. Moms, you can head out and girls, let's get started with you warming up."