Chapter 5: Interim Dancer, Comment of Cockiness

"Girls, get your behinds in gear! come on!" Spencer called as the girls and moms all walked in.

"Congrats on another victorious weekend!" Abby stated as everyone cheered. "Even though you won, there are things that we need to fix or like Spencer would like to say, things that need tuning."

"Paigey, you were ok in the group routine, but you messed up that leap downstage and Kendall, when you did a grand jete, you did a crossing to the right, we couldn't tell if your hips were in or not. Nia, even though you did a great job, you didn't pull our eyes negatively, but you got to pull our eyes positively." Spencer told them.

"Onto pyramid." Abby said and she looked at the covered photo of Brooke. "We're not gonna discuss that, so moving on."

Spencer revealed the next the photo and it was Paige's photo. "Paige, you are gonna have to work back up the ladder and you don't apply the corrections we give you."

"Next we have..." Abby revealed Nia's photo. "Nia, we can tell you've been working really hard, but those technical issues still need tuning like my son would say."

The next photo that Spencer revealed was Kendall's photo. "Kendall, you're still on probation and Jill, we told you before, it is a long process."

"Really?" Jill sighed under her breath.

"Mackenzie." Abby stated as she revealed Mackenzie's photo. "You won the overall primary age division, you proved yourself in the group dance to us and your solo too."

"Maddie." Spencer said as he revealed the photo of Maddie. "We thought you did a great job in the group and your solo, you gotta keep working."

"And on top of the pyramid this week, we have Chloe." Abby commented as she revealed Chloe's photo as everyone applauded. "You did something out there, you made your mother cry and she was bawling, it reminded me of when Spencer won his first national title when he was little and i was bawling because i was so proud of him. Don't make us cry, make us smile."

"Ok, we'll be heading to Hollywood Vibe this weekend in St Louis and for assigments, everyone will be in the group dance called Gal-axy, Maddie will be doing a solo named Transform, Chloe will be doing a solo called Wicked Game and we have a trio named Walkin On Sunshine, which is one of my favorite songs and it's by Katrina & The Waves and that has Maddie, Chloe and..." Spencer looked at the girls to find out who would be in the trio as they and the moms were waiting to find out who would it be. "...Kendall. You stepped it up from last week, now we have to see if you can hang with Maddie and Chloe."

"We're bringing in another member for this week, please welcone..." Abby went to reveal the photo and it was a photo of Payton as the girls cheered. "...Payton."

Payton walked in and the girls all went to her and hugged her as Jill smiled, but in the back of her mind, she was nervous that since Brooke wasn't there and the spot on the team was open for either Payton or Kendall Payton was gonna take the spot from Kendall and the moms smiled as well.

"Payton, you finally have a place. But you need to prove yourself and like Kendall, you're on probation and it's a whole new ball game." Spencer told Payton.

"Moms, you're dismissed, girls, warm up." Abby stated as the girls all started stretching as Melissa, Holly, Kelly, Christi and Jill all headed up to the observation room and during the group rehearsal, Chloe was doing different moves and that didn't sit well with Abby and Spencer.

"Chloe, we don't know why your mother doesn't say you have confidence, you are the cockiest kid we have ever worked with." Spencer commented, he didn't like that Chloe was doing her own moves.