{ 8. Rabbit in the Woods }

Kathlyn's day went normal, despite her having suspicions that there is something going on between Aria and their new professor, Mr. Fitz, after seeing the declined transfer form Aria had.

"Whose idea was this again?" Hanna asked.

"Emily's mom." Kathlyn answered. "Although, the shed was my idea."

"My mom just said that we should do something for us and Ali." Emily explained to the girls why they are in the middle of the woods. A nostalgic one, the woods used to be their "playground" when they were still in 8th grade.

"Well, couldn't we do something without all these mosquitoes?" Hanna complained.

"They're not mosquitoes, they're gnats." Spencer contradicted the blonde girl.

"Whatever!" Hanna exclaimed. "They're small and annoying, and they're flying up my nose."

"They are attracted to your perfume, and hair products, and lip gloss." Spencer explained.

Hanna raised her eyebrow at what Spencer has told her, "So what are you saying, I attract flies?"

"Gnats."

"Hot, you even attract gnats, Han." Kathlyn teased the blonde girl.

Their conversations halted when Aria stopped walking, "Why do I feel like this is the wrong way?"

Emily pointed to one of the big trees surrounding them, "No, this is it."

"I remember that tree." She added, but the rest of the girls looked confused.

"It's the halfway point." She explained.

Spencer then looked at Emily and asked, "Have you been here ever since...?"

Emily just shook her head in response. Consecutively, Hanna started to say something.

"Guys, I think that this is totally the wrong place to do this... shrine."

The woods is a memorable place for them, which is why they decided to put up a memorial for Alison there.

"It's not a shrine." Emily argued. "It's just a place to remember Alison."

Kathlyn then decided to get in between the brewing argument, "Chill girls, we're not here to fight, okay?"

"For me, I think that we should hold off putting up this memorial thing until we know for sure that she's really...dead."

"What do you mean?" Aria asked.

"You really think she's alive? Kath, they found her body!" Spencer argued.

"They found the body, yes! We went to her funeral, yes! But remember, right after that we all got a text from her." Kathlyn contested.

Emily then argued that it wasn't Alison but just someone that's messing with them.

"How can you be sure, Em?" Kathlyn asked. "This A person knows stuff about us that only Ali knew!"

Right after Kathlyn's argument, they all looked scared when they heard rustling sounds.

"Did you hear that?" Aria asked.

"Hello? Is anybody out there?" Hanna called out.

"Hanna, it's probably just a rabbit, it won't answer you." Spencer told Hanna.

"Can we just go to the shed?" Aria frantically asked the group. Before anyone could answer, they heard another rustling, this time, a bit louder which means to say that the source is kind of close to the girls already.

"That is definitely not a rabbit." Kathlyn blurted.

"Someone's out there." Aria added.

"This is getting creepy, let's just go back please." Hanna told the rest of the group then all their cellphones beeped.

"It's open season on liars and I'm hunting"
ㅡ A