{ 4. I'm Still Here }

The discovery of Alison's body at her backyard made a ruckus. Kathlyn, Sharonn, and Jackson entered the church where the funeral is being held. They were greeted by Jessica DiLaurentis, Alison's mother.

"Glad to see you here, Kathlyn." Jessica greeted the brunette. "Also you, Jackson and Sharonn."

Jessica and Sharonn gave each other a brief but warm hug.

"I told the girls to sit up front because that's what Alison would have wanted." Jessica told Kathlyn and went away to greet more people.

Kathlyn told her grandmother and brother that she's gonna sit in the front. She walked towards the four girls sitting together.

"Poor Ali." Emily started.

Hanna looked around. "Can you believe what a scene this is?" All the other girls also looked around to see what Hanna was talking about. "Alison would have loved it."

"Popular in life and death." Spencer said. Everyone's attention panned to Aria when her phone beeped.

"Anyone we know?" Hanna asked Aria. Aria's expression turned surprised and afraid at the same time. Kathlyn noticed.

"Just my mom, checking on me." Aria replied.

"A." Kathlyn blurted out which made all the girls' attention go to her. "I'm not the only one receiving messages from her, am I?"

Before anyone could answer, the arrival of Jenna Marshall caught their attention. The tapping of her cane made everyone look at her. Mrs. DiLaurentis sat beside Kathlyn. "I didn't know she was friends with Ali."

Kathlyn looked at the older DiLaurentis.

"They weren't."

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

The ceremony has ended without them noticing. They were so focused on their thoughts of why would Jenna attend Alison's funeral and about A. The girls were walking out of the church when a middle-aged man wearing suit stopped them.

"Kathlyn. Spencer. Emily. Aria. Hanna."

"Do we know you?" Kathlyn asked, confused. The man pulled out his police badge and showed it to the girls. "I am detective Wilden." Wilden looked the girls, when no one responded, he continued. "I believe you were good friends with the victim."

"We were." Emily replied.

The detective nodded and said, "I'm gonna need to talk to each one of you."

Kathlyn was confused. They told their statements to the police already, right after Alison went missing. "We told the police everything when Alison went missing."

"And I intend to go over every one of your statements. This is no longer a missing person's case, this is a murder." Wilden looked at each of the girls standing in front of him. He narrowed his eyes as if he is suspecting the girls of something. "Rest assured, I will find out what happened that summer night." Right after saying those words, Wilden walked away, leaving the five girls stunned and frightened.

As they were standing still, they saw Jenna enter her car. "Do you think he knows-"

"No! How could he?" Hanna cut off Aria.

Their eyes never left Jenna's car as they watch it drove away. Then suddenly, all their phones beeped.

"Oh, my God!" Aria exclaimed.

Each of them read the message aloud.

I'm still here, bitches.
And I know everything.
ㅡ A

They all looked around trying to find who sent the message. The girls' faces turned horrified as they do not know what's about to happen. Because now, someone out there knows their secrets and can reveal them any time.