Chapter 21: Answers

Start from the beginning

Grabbing the nearby jug I poured myself a cold glass of water and took a giant swig whilst staring at Chase. I wish he hadn't have killed the man, that was supposed to be my doing.

Guess, I'll just have to pay Damien a visit.

"Boss, whilst Chase was getting treated we checked the man's details and you'll be shocked to hear who he is". My eyes instantly lifted and met the eyes of one of my most trusted guards.

"Do tell". Finn walked towards me carrying a very thin folder with odd pieces of paper inside if it. He handed me the folder and slowly retreated back to the spot in which he had previously stood. Opening up the folder with haste I stared down at the small details and skimmed through with haste getting more and more frustrated by the second up until the last line.

Jackson Arbury - Damien Lansworth's gang (2 years)

My blood began to boil that the scum still had men working for him. I thought we had killed off every single man working under him. It was Damien's fault that Milo was dead. But Damien isn't able to get out of the basement. I sat there staring at my desk full of fear and uncertainty and then it hit me.

Is there a spy in my mafia? One of my most trusted men letting him in? But who, I didn't have a clue. I couldn't ask them directly. I had to play it cool. I had to be clever about this. If I did have a spy and they got caught then Isabella could be attacked on the spot. I had to reduce that risk. I will keep this idea to myself and monitor my men carefully.

"I want the guards doubled on every shift. I want more cameras installed in every god damn corner of this house and I want you to find out if there are any more of Damien's men. Am I understood?". My anger had increased to dangerous levels and there was only one way to relieve it.

"Yes Boss". Chase stood up from his chair and nodded dismissing himself from the room and slowly the others began to follow him out of the room.

"Finn. Stay behind".

Finn stood by the bookcase and stared at me blankly waiting to know why he had to stay behind.

The last man left the room ensuring the door had firmly closed behind him.

"You wanted to see me boss?".

"I want you to take me to Milo".

Finn bowed his head and nodded slowly.

"Follow me boss".

----------------------------------------

Chase's POV:

Most men leaving the room after that conversation would be feeling sad or ready to fight this battle, but me? I feel nothing but amusement. It felt so good to sit right in front of him lying to him about everything that happened. He is clueless about everything, although I'm sure he is smart enough to realise that there is a spy amongst his mafia. But is he smart enough to figure out it's me? I doubt it. But I'll need to be careful with my moves.

Beep Beep

I knew who it was that was messaging me but I could not answer it in view of any cameras. I had to go somewhere private.

Scanning the hallway I waited until every man was out of sight and back to their stations before heading to the backdoor and jumping into my car. Unlocking the gate I switched the engine on and speeded out of the gate and into the woods.

-----------------------------------

After a 10 minute drive I pulled over eager to check and respond to the message on my phone.

Chase. I need updates and there's also someone I want you to meet. Meet me at The Vauxhouse Club in 30 minutes, no later.

Anthony

Glancing down at my watch I saw that I had more than enough time to get there and hopefully whoever this person will bring us one step closer to splitting James and Bella apart.

------------------------------------

"My boy, glad you could make it". Anthony smirked at me as I walked towards the sofa he sat on. Anthony was in his favourite room with the large window showing off numerous girls dancing, some naked and the rest in lingerie.

"Of course I came". Anthony slid a glass in my direction and poured some whiskey into it.

"Drink up. It's going to be an interesting night". Sitting down beside Anthony I grabbed the glass and gulped down all the liquid in the glass before nudging it back to Anthony who instantly topped up my glass.

"So you really did it?"

"Hmm. Their beloved little mutt is dead, killed him with a single shot to the head. It was amusing watching Bella cry and sob over her puppy who lay in a pool of his own blood. James was furious as expected. But he believed my innocence, I had to take a self inflicted gun shot wound, but I'm certain he thinks I'm on his side. I know him though. He is starting to think that there is a spy amongst his mafia". Anthony began to choke on his drink as he laughed at my words.

"Wow, that took him some time to figure that one out".

"Now why did you really bring me here Anthony?"

Anthony abruptly stood up from the sofa and walked over to the other door in the room. He knocked on the door and crossed his arms against his chest with his signature sinister smirk planted on his face.

The door suddenly swung open and the sound of heels clicking against the floor got progressively louder and louder and my heart started beating faster and faster.

"Well hello Chase. It's been a long time". The familiar voice of the woman I'd not seen in years surrounded the VIP room drowning out the cheesy background music. Her face hadn't changed much aside from the excessive lip fillers and Botox. But I could guarantee she was still a slut. But I had a good feeling that she would help with the plan to separate the happy couple.

"Still the quiet one I assume?"

"Still a slut I assume?" Jessica's jaw clenched tightly as if I have somehow offended her, but I thought girls like the title of being a slut, especially in Jessica's case.

"Now now, let's not bicker. We're both here for 1 reason. We want James and Isabella apart. You Chase want Bella all to yourself and Jessica here wants James. So we're going to have to get along if we want to reach the goal. Now are you both with me?".

"Yes" we both said simultaneously.

I'm sorry. This chapter sucks but it needed to be done. It was kinda like a middle ground chapter. But don't fret the drama will begin veryyyy soon.

Let me know what you thought of this chapter.

Sorry for any errors or mistakes xoxo