Chapter 37 ~

Good morning! Or evening, afternoon, wherever you are. It's 12 in the morning as I'm writing this so I'm hoping there aren't too many mistakes that make me look drunk haha. Anyways, enjoy the chapter. Sorry if it's a little shorter, I liked the cliffhanger at the end so I left it at that. The book is rapidly coming to an end, with only a few more chapters left. :O Thanks for reading and please continue:)

  The walk home doesn't take very long at all, and eventually I'm at the front steps of my house where Mom is already waiting.

  "Hey," She says smiling. "I just dropped Rory off at Lane's, hopefully she actually comes home this time."

  I laugh, taking off my shoes. "So things are okay? She's not mad anymore?"

  "Yeah, I guess getting a bit of a break from this town really helped take her mind off of Dean." 

  I nod. "That's good." Then I take a seat beside her. "So, did she tell you what happened with them?"

  She grimaces. "Not exactly." 

  "Mom, what did you do?"

  "I talked to Dean." I raise my eyebrows at her. "Okay, it wasn't talking per say, but I got my point across and also got my anger out without wrecking anymore fancy pillows."

  "Mom!" I exclaim.

  "I know. Those poor pillows."

  I shake my head disapprovingly and sigh. "Well, at least you finally found out what really happened. What do you think about it?"

  "At first, I was confused and completely thrown off. I mean, I never expected Rory to be unable or afraid of saying I love you, but I also knew that she didn't really have any reason to in the first place. I never taught either of you any of that stuff. Mainly because I'm still learning how to do it. I don't know how to do quantum physics, so I wouldn't even attempt to teach you that stuff."

  I crack a smile. "It's okay Mom, I don't need physics anyways."

  "That's a relief." She says jokingly. Then she becomes serious. "But I mean it, I'm sorry that you guys are getting put into these situations and don't know how to deal with it properly, all because of me."

  I rest a hand on her shoulder. "Mom, it's not your fault. I'd rather not be able to say it than say it when I don't mean it." Just like I did with Asher. "We can learn together and teach each other things along the way. Who says we need to learn all this stuff right now?"

  She smiles warmly at me. "That I can do, Cal." I get off the couch, ready to get a snack and start my homework. "I'll call a pizza?"

  I nod. "Sounds good." I turn my back, walking away, but then return to give Mom a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for the talk, Mom." I finally head upstairs and start working on my math homework, unfortunately. 

  About 10 or 15 minutes go by, and suddenly Rory appears at the doorway. She gives me an awkward smile when I see her. "Hey."

  I push my books to the side to make room for her to sit if she wants. "Hey."

  "So," She starts as she does sit beside me. She looks at me with sad eyes. "Oh Callie, I'm so sorry." She wraps her arms around me in a tight hug and I squeeze her back, equally as tight. "I was awful."

  "No you weren't."

  "Yes I was."

  I pause. "Okay, yeah, you kind of were."

  "I'm sorry. I was just so mad."

  I let her go. "About what?"

  She makes a confused expression. "What do you mean? I was mad about Dean."