Chapter 20 ~ January

Happy Thursday!! 

  "Miss Gilmore, time to get up." the maid turns on the light then leaves, closing the door behind her. 

  I push the covers off of me and slide out of bed. I slip my bare feet into my mint green fuzzy slippers, then hurry out the room. The maid has just come out of Rory's room. I quickly enter, shutting the door behind me.

  "Morning Rory." I say cheerfully. "Get up."

  "Mm.." she moans softly, pushing her head deeper underneath her pillow. "What.."

  "School."

  "Oh.."

  "Come on. I want to get there earlyy.."

  "Why? To see your boyfriend?" she chuckles.

  "No. Well, yeah."

  She laughs. "Of course."

  "We're planning our four month anniversary, okay? It's less than a week away." I smile to myself. "Hey? Speaking of anniversaries, isn't it your anniversary with Dean?"

  She stays silent, then her head pops up from the pillow. "Oh my god! It is!"

  I smirk. "Ha. Now look who's up."

  "Shut up.." she rolls her eyes and gets out of bed. 

  I walk to the door. "Hurry."

  She nods quickly, going over to the closet. "Yeah, I know. I will."

  I leave, heading downstairs to eat with Grandma. When I get to the dining table, she's already eating pancakes. 

  "Morning Grandma." I say with a smile.

  She looks up. "Hello Callie. Did you have a good sleep?"

  I nod as I pull out a chair to the right of her and sit down. "Yes. What about you? All good dreams?" 

  I unfold a cloth napkin to put on my lap. "Yes, Callie. Thank you." she responds. "What would you like this morning?"

  "Um," I scan the food along the table. "I'll take an omelette and some bacon, please."

  She reaches over to get the plate of omelettes. "Here you go, dear." She hands it to me, I take one and place it on my plate. Then she tries to get the plate full of bacon, but it's too far away.

  "It's alright, Grandma. I can get it." I pick it up and take 3 pieces of bacon to put on my plate.

  "Anything else? Some fruit? A drink?" she offers.

  I protrude my lips, thinking about what to get. "Biscuits and some iced tea, please."

  "Good choice." she exclaims approvingly, handing the plate of biscuits to me. 

  After the iced tea is poured and Rory is at the table eating, Grandma asks us if we have any plans for the weekend. 

  I glance at Rory questionably. We could tell her about our anniversaries. But we haven't exactly told her about when we first got together with them. So she would probably be really hurt that she didn't know. However, Rory did go to that Chilton charity event with Dean, and I went with Asher. That was a while ago, about 1 month ago, back in December. A little bit before Christmas.

  Rory turns back to Grandma. "Uh, well Grandma.." I stare at her, so she she continues. "It's our anniversary."

  Grandma smiles at her. "Ours?"