Chapter 9 ~ Sunday Morning

* * *

  "Mom!" I shout as I step out of the spare bedroom upstairs. "I have to go!"

  "What?!" she yells.

  "It's Sunday! I have to go to Asher's house!!" I walk quickly into her room. There she lies, on her bed. With her leg hanging off of the bed and her arms tucked under her pillow. "Mom!"

  "What?!" she groans.

  "I have to go." I repeat.

  "Great, bye."

  I grab her pillow. "I need you to drive me."

  "Why? Can't you just go there yourself?" she whines.

  "No, Mom!" I stomp. 

  "Fine!" she rolls over slowly. I can't wait this long. I pull her legs and she hits the floor with a thud. "Hey!"

  "Hurry up."

  "You're lucky you didn't drop me on my head or I wouldn't be able to do anything properly." she says as she tries to stand up.

  "Oh, I didn't need to drop you on your head for that to happen." I say. 

  "Wow. You are getting good with your insults. It's really subtle." she leans against the wall. 

  "Get dressed and get your keys." I tell her, walking out of her bedroom. "Oh yeah, and bring some money."

  "What are you doing? Meeting him in an alley?"

  "Why would I be in an alley with him?" I ask.

  "Boy, did I not want to hear that question." she mutters. "Okay, okay. I'll be downstairs in a few minutes."

  "You'd better be. I can't be late." I say as I shut her door. I go back into the spare bedroom and keep placing my stuff in my dresser. Mom decided that she would give me this bedroom, instead of having me share with Rory. Rory has already organized her room with a ton of books, so it's better that I have this room. 

  I already started moving some of my stuff in here. But since this was a spare bedroom, it has a bed. Which leaves us with the problem of my bed in Rory's room. We're thinking of selling it, but to who? Or giving it to the Inn, where would they put it? Maybe the potting shed? Yes!

  I go downstairs and head into the kitchen. "Hey, Rory?"

  "Yeah?" she says from her room. 

  "I figured out where to put the bed." I pour some coffee into a cup.

  She sits at the table. "Really? Where?"

  "The potting shed. Where we used to live. Do you think Mom would let us?" I add cream and milk to the coffee, then give it to Rory.

  "I don't know. You could ask her." she takes a sip of her coffee. "Mmm."

  I grab a doughnut and hand it to her. "Thanks." she's about to take a bite but she stops and looks at me. "What are you doing?"

  I shake my head and smile. "What do you mean?" I grab a doughnut for myself and sit at the table. "I can't eat so much now because I'm eating at Asher's house. But I'm so hungry." I'm about to bite the doughnut but Rory grabs it. "Hey!"

  "You just said you can't eat right now. Wait until you get to Asher's house." she gets up to get a plate. "Now what are you up to?"

  "What are you talking about?" I roll my eyes.