xxv

Parties

Parties. Alexis hated them.

Of course, it wasn't her choice to be here. Thanks to Jamie and Margo, who had both initially said they would stay with her, she was now in the middle of a massive crowd of intoxicated teenagers. Having to deal with her best friends moving away was one thing, and she had promised Sam she wouldn't do anything stupid while he was away with family. But here she was anyway; waiting for Margo to come back from the kitchen with anything but alcohol preferably.

Jamie had also become a best friend to her, they had hung out a couple of times and after hearing about Sebastian- he started to act like an older brother, like he missed with Thomas.

She had just come back from spending two weeks in paradise- Elouise had taken Alexis, Cisco and Dante on vacation to the Maldives for two weeks and it was pure bliss.

But now she was back in cloudy Lima, Ohio.

Due to Margo taking so long, Alexis finally decided to step into the kitchen. It was full to the brim with people getting refills, some people kissing due to the amount of alcohol coursing through them. She quickly dived towards a bottle of sprite when seeing Margo was no-where to be seen, probably crying in some corner over Thomas.

It was that Alexis didn't care that they broke up; it was more that she was mourning her own relationship right now, and didn't need anyone else's teen-angst.

Oh yeah, Sebastian had stopped talking to her.

Just as she thought they were getting back on track, he blocked her number. He also blocked her MySpace, her Facebook. So, she was mourning.

A tap on her shoulder made Alexis turn to whoever dared to place their hands on her. In her midst, a tall, built, brunette boy stood, offering a red cup full of a clear liquid.

"Care for a drink?"

He smiled genuinely, as if he wasn't trying to get her drunk, but just wanted to start a conversation.

"I don't drink, thank you for the offer..?" Alexis pushed the drink towards him, shrugging.

"Nick, or Nickolas Santiago." The brunette smirked.

The girl offered her hand out, "Alexis Hummel. Nice to meet you, Nickolas."

His features were intoxicating. Nick's eyes were a beautiful shade of brown and she couldn't get over how soft his lips looked.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Alexis." He took it carefully, kissing it instead of shaking it. His lips were soft, oh my god.

Alexis blushed, taking a small sip from the bottle of sprite in her other hand and silently admiring his features, they seemed slightly familiar to her, "Call me Alex, please. Do you live around here? I feel like I've seen you somewhere."

"I go to Dalton Academy, you've probably seen me because I recently joined the Warblers." Nick grinned, "I don't tend to tell people that though, I hate the group, and the leader."