viii

"You seem distressed" Finn tilted his head at me, "what's up?"

I shrugged, "Mike hasn't talked to me properly since Rachel's party. He's spending a lot of time with Tina"

Finn looked at me with concern, he could tell that I was genuinely upset by this.

"Tina's got nothing you, stop worrying" he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "you need to stop stressing about it. She is no where near as pretty as you"

"Thank you Finn" I sighed, "that really helps"

He smiled at me and pulled me into his side for a quick hug, before pulling away. He kept his hand round my shoulder when he saw who entered the room.

Mike and Tina walked in, followed by the rest of the new directions.

Tina gave me the side eye, while Mike smiled in my direction and sat next to me.

"How's my wonderful girlfriend?" he beamed happily.

I laughed, "someone seems happy today"

"Can't I just appreciate my amazing girlfriend?" He wrapped an arm around my waist, Making Finn let go.

I gave Finn a small smile to the side.

I was going to respond to Mike, but got interrupted by Mr Schue.

"All right guys." He clapped, "Nationals are just a few weeks away, and it's time to bear down. Your singing was amazing at regionals was amazing, but your dancing..not so much. It's booty camp time"

"Booty!" Artie hollered.

Mr Schue pulled both me and Mike up next to him, the rest of the students followed us in suit.

"So let's get going!" He clapped, "Five, Six, Seven, Eight, push yourselves! Vocal adrenaline takes no prisoners"

I stood over to take a break about 20 minutes into booty camp, and was out long enough to witness Finn extending his arm out, whacking Rachel right in the nose.

Finn quickly bent over to help her, "oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

"Are you okay?" I quickly ran to her side with a tissue from my bag.

She screamed, "I'm bleeding!" she clutched the tissue from my hand and put it to her nose.

"We should probably get you to a doctor" Will coughed, "c'mon Rachel.."

We all helped her up, and Will lead her to the nurses office while we just stood in the choir room.

Me and Mike looked at each other, "One day. One day I would like to go without this crap happening"

*****

"Oh my god, you're getting a nose job" Quinn gasped at Rachel as she stood in front of us.

"I'm.." she paused, "considering having a minor procedure to fix my deviated septum"

I shrugged, "That's called a nose job, sweetie"

Rachel scanned the room before huffing in frustration, "look. I'm happy with the way I look, okay? And I've embraced my nose. But let's say I wanted a slightly more demure nose like Quinn's, for example"

She stared me in the eye as I judged her, "l-look, I would never do this for vanity, but I mean, the doctor said it could possibly improve my talent!"

"Possibly?" Mr Schue furrowed his eyebrows, "what about the risks? You're voice is amazing as it is, Rachel"

"Hold up-" Santana held her hands up, "could we all just be real for a second? I hear that Rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. I mean, I wouldn't know because like medusa, I try to avoid eye contact with her. But can we all stop lying and say we wouldn't change anything about ourselves?"