xxii

"Okay, what've I missed?"

Kurt and Margo both smiled from the end of Alexis' bed.

"Well" he started, "Rachel and I both had our NYADA auditions. Mine went fantastic- if I do say so myself."

"What about Rachel's?" Alexis tilted her head at the frown she received from Margo.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Rachel completely cocked it up. Forgot her words, had a mental breakdown, exedra, exedra.."

"She's convinced that her life is over" Kurt added, "which isn't saying much considering the position that you and Quinn are in."

"Speaking of-" Margo scoffed, "Noah screwed his geography final. He's 100% not graduating."

She frowned, "Poor Puck. That freaking sucks."

"Anyway, time for the good news!" Kurt grinned, "Brittany has arranged senior prom!"

"Dinosaurs?"

"Dinosaurs."

*****

"This is stupid. Prom is stupid. I don't want to go."

Alexis rolled back and forward in her wheelchair, frustrated, while Mike sat uncomfortably on the couch.

"Lex, I know you're scared" he leant forward to look her in the eye, "but nobody is going to judge you- heck even Karofsky's friends like you."

She smirked "I dunno. Me and Quinn are forever going to be known as 'the wheelchair dweebs'. Has a ring to it."

"you'll be fine." Mike sighed lightly at her comments, "and anyway, Margo said she's taking you dress shopping. Even though you can't dance, you are still going to this prom."

"Mike-"

"It's my last one, pup." he smiled sadly, "Please- you don't have to be my date but at least save me a dance?"

She took one look at him and grumbled jokingly, "whatever. Doesn't mean I still like you."

"And it doesn't mean I still like you either."

"Good."

"Good."

They both stared at each other silently, before Alexis broke the silence by snorting, this followed by Mike laughing thickly. She had missed this the most- just being able to be friends and laugh with him was all she wanted in the past year.

"I'm hungry! We need pizza." Alexis moaned, "get me pizza, slave."

"Yes, your highness."

*****