xxi

"Five broken ribs

"Five broken ribs. A head laceration that requires 19 stitches, spinal fractures, internal bleeding almost everywhere in the body, and a broken leg. Alexis has now got cerebral oedema, which means the swelling in the brain is preventing blood flow. Depriving her of oxygen she needs to live."

"So, what can we do doc?" Burt ran his hands over his head in panic.

"We've induced a coma" the doctor scanned over the patients, "it should keep the swelling down and keep her rested."

"How long?" Finn stuttered, "Will she be okay?"

The doctor smiled sadly, "we won't know until she wakes up. Until then we can only hope."

*****

"I couldn't believe it when they told me"

Cisco sat beside the bed, watching her chest rise and fall slowly. Dante and Elouise sat at the edge of the room, the latter on the brink of tears, "you're always so safe. When you came to central city during summer, you were always so careful. You took my phone while I drove."

"Please, come back to us." Elouise muttered, sighing into Dante's shoulder.

"You'd better come back, Hummel." The older sibling of the two chuckled sadly, "we need you."

*****

"The sequel to camp rock came out today."

Kurt scoffed at his boyfriend from the door, who sat next to his sister. "She can't hear you, Blaine."

"I heard a song from the album that would be perfect for us at sectionals next year- I know it's far away but I thought we could sing it." Blaine ignored him.

"When you wake up, we can watch it, I promise I won't watch it until you wake up. I swear on my word."

"We just want you back."

*****

"Do you remember the first time we spoke?"

Finn chocked out a small sob, laughing to himself quietly, "Puck had knocked all your stuff out of your hands by your locker. I couldn't resist helping you."

"You compared me to a stereotypical football jockey and laughed when I compared you to Jason from Friday the thirteenth. Puck didn't appreciate what you said about him when you saved my ass either."

He took her hand, "you always did love horror movies, Friday the thirteenth was always your favourite franchise."

"We'll have a marathon when you wake up, okay? Any trilogy you want."

*****

"I can't believe you, loser."

Karofsky scoffed as he watched the heart monitor, "you told me to talk to you, and not to die- But look what you went and did."