ix

"Alright guys-" will wrote the dreaded word on the whiteboard, "prom!"

Sam sighed, "please don't tell me we're doing songs about prom"

He was anxious about prom because he didn't have a date, and he couldn't afford a ticket; due to his family being forced from his home into a motel room.

Will shook his head, "nope, we are the prom. Figgins has asked us to preform."

"Oh boy" I mumbled, "it'll be a repeat of Christmas carolling"

Rachel smiled, "let's do run Joey run!"

We all glared at her and she shyed back into her chair, knowing the all too familiar song.

"Now I know this isn't ideal with nationals coming up, but we don't really have a choice. We could really use the money" Mr Schue shrugged, "But I know that prom is a right of passage. I want make sure all of you get to enjoy your dance too. So we're gonna stag the performances, so that each one of you gets a chance to dance with your date"

"Excuse me." Mercedes stood abruptly, leaving the room.

Will furrowed his eyebrows, "is she okay?"

"She doesn't have a date for prom" I coughed, "she even got mad at me when I was looking at prom dresses at the mall. I've never seen her so angry"

"So?" Brittany started, "I don't have a date- I'm just going to the dance. And then all of your dates are going to ignore you and come dance with me, so technically your dates are really my dates"

I wrapped my arm around mike's arm protectively, "he is mine, pierce. M-I-N-E"

"You would have a date if you didn't dump Artie" Mike mumbled at the cheerleader.

"He did call her stupid" Tina defended Brittany, "Although she had been cheating on him with Santana"

I frowned, "I still can't believe she outed Santana on a stupid web show"

"Hey!" Tina pouted, "me and Mercedes were the first guests on fondue for two"

*****

I twirled in the mirror and looked at my reflection- at my possible prom dress.

It was a short white dress with a sweetheart neckline, with a pink velvet skater skirt. It reached mid-thigh.

My brother sat outside of the make-do changing rooms, chatting away, "Ladies, I appreciate you welcoming me into the sacred inner sanctum that is prom gown dry run"

I snorted at Kurt's antics from behind the curtain, before deciding to step out into the open, "Kurt, not that I don't love the fact that you're helping us, but why are you here?"

"Because getting a thumbs up from him is like getting a thumbs up from Melissa Rivers" Tina answered, before gasping at my appearance, "holy crap! Lexi you look amazing!"

I spun and giggled, thanking the Asian girl before turning to my brother for his approval.

Kurt's eyes slowly scanned over me and narrowed.

He stood up from the leather couch and and slowly walked towards me, not saying anything.

"..Kurt?" I mumbled, looking him in the eye slowly, seeing his eyes glaze over with tears.

"You look so much like mom" he chuckled sadly, "it's unreal. I don't have any words- you look beautiful"

I wrapped my arms around the tall boy, bringing him in for a massive hug. Whenever Kurt mentioned mom, it always made me frustrated. I never knew mom like Kurt did as I was only young when she died; but I missed her, a lot.