xvii

"Alex, you have to go to school

"Alex, you have to go to school. You can't just not go."

"You can't make me go Sebby" she groaned from the pile of blankets from his bed, "you'll never take me alive!-"

"Alexis, seriously."

The girl stood up from her colourful heaven and sighed at the boy in Dalton uniform, "what? It's not like I can go home afterwards, Burt doesn't want me there."

"Mr Schue will want you to attend- you just won sectionals" he grabbed a pine green hoodie and handed it to the girl, "I'll drive you to school, but you have to talk to Kurt."

"Why are you always right?"

The boy kissed her on the head and smiled, "because I know what's best for you. Now get changed."

Sebastian left the room, and Alexis sighed miserably. His forehead kisses cheered her up immensely, but it would never be more than platonic.

She threw the big hoodie over her head, not bothering to change from her pyjamas, and ran to meet Sebastian in his car.

*****

"Finn, give me a drum roll!"

The boy did as told whilst the rest of glee club watched Glee write on the whiteboard.

"Marryme?" Mercedes attempted to read.

Ricky clapped his hands, "Marry me!"

"Question mark!" Brittany added.

"Yes, I am proposing to Miss Pillsbury-"

A slam of the door cut their teacher off. Alexis stood at the door, "Sorry I'm late. I got a ride to school and there was traffic."

Everyone stared at the girl in shock, she didn't look good. In fact- Alexis looked as if she hadn't slept in a week, which in all honesty she hadn't. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes had almost shut on themselves.

"Jesus Christ, Lex." Finn was the first to talk, "you look terrible."

"You sure know how to talk to the ladies Finn" she snorted in response.

Kurt looked down in shame, he hadn't talked to his sister since the incident at Sectionals and it was tearing both the siblings apart.

Santana was the next to talk, "when was the last time you slept?"

"The night before sectionals? I don't know, when you're awake for this long; things seem to blur together."

The girl threw her bag on the floor and sat in the seat next to Ricky; "anyway, carry on. Pretend I was already here"

"As I was saying" Mr Schue grumbled, staring Alexis as she laid her head on Ricky's shoulder, "I am proposing to miss pillsbury. This is the kind of news to share with family, and you guys are my family." Everyone cheered loudly for the Spanish teacher.