Chapter 12

Sage's POV

As we finished eating the waitress had taken our plates away and ask if I could speak to their town sheriff who was sitting at bar eating his lunch.

As I got up to the table I asked Ben to wait with Angel whilst Jett and I went to talk to him.

As we walked towards him I could smell he was a bear shifter he turned round and introduced himself as Blake Daniels and asked what we were doing in this area. Dexter reassured me we could trust him as he sensed he was a kind person.

Blake Daniels

Blake Daniels

I decided to tell him that we were looking at potential land not far from here to relocate and start a pack on. He knew which area I was on about and told me that I was the first Alpha to actually be interesting in the area as it has been vacant for hundreds of years. He asked if we would accept any shifters to the pack as he knew that majority of the shifters in town would be interested in joining. I told him that if everything goes according to plan then we would be happy to accept them. I also found out that he used to be a Beta at his old pack but they were attacked one night and only a few of them survived who are actually not far from here as they moved here about five years ago. At that point I explained that I would be happy for him to be a beta alongside Jett. He agreed and said if we wanted I could take him to the land and show him around. Both Jett and I nodded before getting the other two and going back to the car to follow him. After about 15 minutes of driving we got to a dirttrack.

As we drove up the dirt track I saw a black warrior parked in front of a large building with someone leaning on it. As we got out I realise it was Jackson from the council who was dealing with property. As I got out of the car I could not believe how beautiful the grounds were and how big the building was. As I looked round the outside of the building and grounds I realised it needed some work as it had not been lived on for a very long time.

"Good morning Sage it nice to see you again? I spoke to Nick and he explained what happened and that you are looking at this property for your pack. As you can see this property does need a lot of TLC which I know you are willing to do. I will show you in the house first so you can have an idea how you can develop it also this property does include three separate cottages ideal for families which again need updating."

As we stepped into the property we could see that there was a lot of work that needed to be done Blake said that he knew builders who would be able to do the renovations also would probably want to join the pack as they currently living in a trailer park 50 miles from where this area. As we were looking round I could hear Jett and Ben taking it in turns to tell Angel about the property. I could feel his happiness through our bond, which made both Dexter and I very happy.

As they were talking I explained to both Jackson and Blake that Angel was my mate that was one of the reasons why I left my pack and that he also is blind and was abused by his previous pack because of it. I explained to them it is important to anyone that joins this pack that we will not judge and we don't care about same sex mating or even having a mix shifter pack because everyone will be treated equally especially omegas and people with disabilities.

I could see both Jackson and Blake moved by what I was saying but to be honest all packs should be treating pack members the same.

Jackson explained to us that the main house in its current state has 30 bedrooms, and several bathrooms on second floor and 2 on the ground floor. He also told us what else the house has which included:

A large kitchen/dinner which defiantly needed updating and redesigning,

A large separate dining room,

A large sitting room with a fireplace

There were two rooms by the front entrance which looked like some sort of offices

A basement which looked like it had previously been used as some sort of bunker/safe room

There also looked like some sort of nursery in a room connected to the sitting area.

As we finished looking around the house we went outside continuing looking around. Jackson explained that part of the land included a small town which would be ideal for income to the pack also there was a school between both the pack and the town Blake's currently has both shifter and human mixed. To be honest at that point this sold me on this area. Jackson explained that usually when an Alpha purchases land which include a town that they automatically become Mayor which is also easier because they can keep a close eye on who is coming into town especially hunters and red eye rouges. Jackson also mention the town Blake was in was also unclaimed so we could actually claim that as well because the two town co inside with each other.