• 19 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘰𝘱𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘴

"I thought you said it was over," Luther said. I sighed. Of course it's not over. Of course.

"I was wrong, ok?" Five jeered, holding up a newspaper. "This newspaper, we found it in the future the day we got stuck. The headline hasn't changed."

"That doesn't mean anything," Diego told us, "the time could've been altered since the newspaper came out this morning."

"You're not listening to him!" I fumed, wincing as I stood up. "When we found it, we assumed this place—" I pointing to the rubble of the Academy "— came down along with everything else. But here we are. The moon's still shining, the Earth's still in one piece, but not the Academy."

Klaus ripped the newspaper from Five's hand. "I'm confused."

"Then listen to me, you idiot!" Five screamed. "Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse."

"Guys," I remarked, "Vanya is the bomb. Vanya causes the apocalypse!"

Helicopter blades whirred, causing us to look up. "We have to find her," Luther insisted.

"We gotta go. Now!" Diego ordered. "Regroup at the SuperStar! Go!"

Five picked me up bridal style, kissing me softly on the lips before blinking us from the Academy to the SuperStar.

"Look," Luther began, "I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare."

"For what?" Diego muttered.

Five blinked back into the bowling alley, his bowling shoes making squeaky noises as he walked towards me with some gauze.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya," Luther said. Allison hit him in the chest with her writing pad, and Luther sighed. "We may not have a choice, Allison.

"Bullshit," Diego hissed, "There's always options."

Five leaned down to stare at my bloody ankle. He looked up at me as I sent him a weak smile and a nod. Five began to wrap the gauze around my wound, and I tried hard not to flinch.

"Yeah, like what?" Five shot back. He finished up on my ankle and stood up before stuffing the gauze into his blazer.

"I don't know."

"Look Whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya," Luther told us. "And fast ok? She could be anywhere."

I peered over Klaus's shoulder as he opened a newspaper. There was an ad. For a violin concert. "Or...here. Look at this." Everyone crowded around.

"That's right," Diego recalled, "her concert is tonight."

"Hello." It was a worker. We all turned to look at her with tired expressions. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave."

I looked from the manager to the girl, and, staring straight into that girl's soul, I grabbed a bowling ball before chucking it at the alley. "There. I. Went."

The girl's eyes widened in fear as she quickly ran away towards the counter.

She's out sister, Allison wrote.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this," Luther grunted. "We have a responsibility to Dad."

"To dad?" Diego barked. "No, I've heard enough about—"