• one •

* WEDNESDAY *
(17 YEARS AGO)

𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬. 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺

"Hey! Get them behind the counter!" One man ordered. The one who had been tying my hands shoved me backwards, pointing to the bank counter.

"Over there," He told me, pointing to the front of a counter where three other people sat. I quickly scurried off, but not in the direction the guy had told me to go. I decided to hide behind a pillar towards the back, hoping these men wouldn't find out. I get enough abuse at home, it can't even stop at the bank?

"Hey, get back with the others!" one of the men shouted. I turned to peek out from behind the pillars. Right in front of one of the bank robbers stood a girl wearing a fancy uniform and an odd mask. She looked at the man before her and grinned.

"I heard a rumor..." she began quietly, almost so quiet that I couldn't hear her.

"What? What did you say?" The man leaned in closer to the girl, and she put her hand next to her mouth as if she was telling a secret.

"I heard a rumor...that you shot your friend in the foot," she whispered. The words echoed near the end. I shook my head. What? Why would this guy shoot his own friend?

But, much to my surprise, the man complied. His eyes clouded into a muddy white. He cocked his gun, turning to his friend.

"Hey, dude," the guy's friend said. "What the hell?"

The first man aimed, fired, and shot his colleague in the foot. Blood splattered onto a few stray hostages as the man went tumbling down, and the first one stared at his gun in disbelief. The hostages screamed, causing me to wince.

Suddenly, another boy wearing the odd uniform fell through the roof, landing swiftly on the ground. He made his move, knocking one of the criminal's head onto the counter of the counter before throwing him out a window.

Another boy came running in, knives in both his hands. "Guns are for sissies," he said confidently, "real men throw knifes!"

The boy threw two knifes, and instead of hitting the man in front of him, they curved and hit a different man.

Now, the kids stood together and the main burglar stood on top of the counter. He pointed a gun at the kids. "Stay back, freaks!"

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy," one of the kids said.

"Get back!" The man exclaimed again.

Just then, another kid magically teleported behind the main burglar in a criss-cross position; a smirk plastered on his face. "Or what?"

The burglar grunted, shooting at the area several times where the boy had been. But, he disappeared again. The boy teleported behind the man again, his arms crossed cockily. The man went to point his gun at the kid, but when he went to shoot, his gun was now a stapler.

"Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" The boy beamed. I giggled softly as he took the man's outstretched hand and smashed the stapler against his head. The man fell backward, and landed with a thump.

They all stood by the vault now, and one boy I hadn't recognized from earlier stood cowardly. "Do I really have to do this?" He asked.

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault," the blonde one persuaded.