• 3 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦

We sat in the living room, staring at the painting of Five on the wall. Vanya came up behind us, staring up at the painting as well.

"Nice to know dad didn't forget me," Five said. "We read your book by the way. Found it in a library that was still standing." He walked past Vanya, looking around the room. "I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets. Sure that went over well."

"They hate me," Vanya whispered.

"They could never hate you, Vanya," I told her.

"Oh, there are worse things that can happen," Five spat.

"You mean like what happened to Ben?" Vanya asked.

"Was it bad?" I asked. Vanya nodded. Ben didn't deserve it. He really didn't.

Everyone stepped out into the rain, umbrella's in our hands. Not including Luther or Diego of course. Grace looked over at me. "Did something happen?"

"Dad died," Allison replied. "Remember?"

Grace's expression turned confused. "Oh, yes, of course."

"Is mom ok?" Allison asked. She began to stare Grace down, making sure nothing was out of place.

"Yeah, yeah. She's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge," Diego explained.

Luther opened the jar containing Mr. Hargreeves's ashes, and we all winced as they dropped to the floor. "Probably would've been better with some wind," Luther told us.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo offered. "Very well..."

Pogo started talking, but I wasn't paying attention. All I could think about was everything that must have happened since Five and I left. No wonder Vanya wrote that book. She was probably lonely, and scared, and—

"He was a monster."

I looked up. The one who had said it was Diego. Klaus laughed.

"He was a bad person and a worse father. Not like he was any better to Mom and Wednesday. The world's better off without him."

"Diego," Allison attempted to stop him, but that only fueled his anger more.

"My name, is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it," Diego explained bitterly.

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Grace asked.

I shook my head. "No thank you, Grace." She only nodded and smiled.

"Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now," Luther said in a low and gravely voice.

"You know, you of all people should be in my side here, Number One. After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a million miles away. That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Diego was yelling now, and Luther threw a punch at Diego. They started to fight, and Pogo frowned.

"Boys, stop this at once!"

Five, Klaus, and I backed up. Klaus brought his hand in front of Five's body, but Five shoved it away before pushing me behind his own body.

Diego was fired up now. "Come on, big boy!"

"Stop it!" Vanya shouted.

"Hit him! Hit him!" Klaus exclaimed.

Pogo turned to leave as Luther threw Diego on the ground. Both guys panted, and Five's jaw clenched. "We don't have time for this."

He began to attempt to pull me inside, but I kept my ground and stayed out. Luther went in to punch Diego, but as Diego dodged the attack, Luther punched down Ben's memorial statue.

"And, there goes Ben's statue," Allison groaned. Allison and I turned to go back inside, to tired to watch the rest when I heard Vanya yell.

"Diego no!"

I turned back, and was met by one of Diego's knifes barely grazing Luther's arm. Luther placed his hand over his new wound, and staggered to get inside.

"You never know when to stop, do you?" Vanya scolded as we passed Diego to head inside.

"You got enough material for your sequel yet?" Diego shot back bitterly.

"He was my father, too," She said, grabbing my hand to lead my through the door and back inside.

"Don't worry, Five. You'll be fine. It's just a tattoo," I whispered to him as the tattoo artist began preparing his equipment.

He began to work on Five's arm, slowly but surely drawing the umbrella inside the circle. Five winced, reaching for my hand. I allowed him to find it, and when he did, he squeezed so tight that it felt numb.

"Calm down," I said to him. "You'll be fine. I'm here. Wednesday is here."

Five whimpered. "Wednesday is here," he'd tell himself. "She's here. She's not going anywhere."

The dream/flashback startled me, and I sat up abruptly from the couch I had been sleeping on. "Find any coffee yet?" I asked, strolling into the kitchen. Five ignored my question, continuing the search for the coffee we both wanted oh-so-desperately.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison was suddenly in the room, and she made her way towards us. Klaus sat on the table and grinned.

"Oh, she's gone," he said.

"That's unfortunate," Five exclaimed. "An entire square block. 42 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, and not a single drop of coffee."

I groaned. "Seriously?"

Five nodded. "Dad hated caffeine," Allison explained.

"Well, he hated children, too. But he still had plenty of us," Klaus laughed.

"I'm taking the car," Five declared, "and Wednesday, of course."

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked.

"To get a decent cup of coffee," he explained.

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison retorted.

"I know how to do everything," Five grinned, grabbing my hand and spacial jumping us from the kitchen to the car.

THRID CHAPTER

I MADE THAS AT LIKE 2:35 AM SO SORRY IF ITS BAD IM HYPER

-maya☔️