• 8 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳

Five, Klaus, and I sat around Lance at his records desk, watching intently as he fumbled through his records. He pulled one out and opened it, quickly looking from Klaus back down at the folder. "Oh, that's strange."

Five and I immediately turned to each other. "What?" We said in unison.

"Uh, the eye. It hasn't been purchased by a client yet," Lance told us.

"What? What do you mean?" Klaus asked.

"Well, Uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number..." Lance paused, "this cant be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where do you get that eye?"

"Shit," I whispered.

"Well, this is not good," Five sighed as we walked down the front steps of the building.

"I was pretty good though, right? Yeah, what about my consent bitch?" Klaus exclaimed.

"Klaus, It doesn't matter," I groaned.

"What, What? What's the big deal with this eye anyway?" He asked.

"There is someone out there who is going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the of life on Earth as we know it," Five hissed.

"Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks like, now? Or what?" Klaus demanded.

"Your 20 bucks?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah my 20 bucks," Klaus repeated.

"The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about is getting high?" Five exclaimed.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a rumbling," Klaus giggled, imitating a groan form his stomach.

"You're useless! You're all useless!" Five shouted. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Not you!"

"Oh, come on. You need to lighten up, old man," Klaus complained. Five and I moved to sit down on the steps as Klaus turned to look at us. "Hey, you know, I just now realized why you're so uptight. You must be horny as hell!"

Five shook his head. Five was never horny. He never asked me to do anything weird or sexual. And I never asked him. We never liked each other in that way.

But, Klaus continued.

"All those years, alone. It's gotta screw with your head. Did you two ever do anything..you know..."

I stuck my tongue out in disgust. "No!"

Klaus laughed. "Wow. You know, the longest I've ever been in a relationship with someone was...I don't know. 3 weeks?"

Klaus continued on, but Five grabbed my hand and jumped us into a cab. The cab driver turned to look at us, but I held up my hand. "Don't stop. Just keep going."

Five looked out the window and as we passed Klaus he saluted.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey! What about my money?!" He screamed.

It was rainy, but Five and I really didn't mind. Five held my hand, sending me a soft and quick smile before jumping us from outside to inside the department store named 'Gimbel Brothers'.

Inside the store it was dim, but Five and I were used to it. "You look for a leg strap. And some shoes. If you can't find one, I'll grab you a belt. While you do that, I'll look for..."