• 15 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(1955)

𝘪𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺...𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺...𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺...𝘴𝘪𝘬𝘦

The tubes whooshed as Five and I sent the new orders. "You know that's not how we do things here. Where's Gloria?"

"Don't know. Couldn't find her anywhere," Five lied. Gloria groaned from behind her desk, giving away our hiding place for her. The Handler looked behind her.

"You're a great disappointment to me. You can't change what's to come, Five, Wednesday. I truly find it odd that you can't shed this fantasy. You're first-rate pragmatists. You belong here, with us," she demanded, a cold expression making way to her face.

"We don't belong anywhere thanks to you," I snapped. "You made us killers!"

"You were always killers. I just pointed you in a direction." The Handler pulled out a gun, and just as she shot at the spot we stood on, Five jumped us to be hiding behind a cart. The Handler shot at us, missing greatly as we got away.

"What the rush? We're just getting started. Is this really how you want the last line of your report to read?"

Five spacial jumped us to be in front of the Handler. "When we're done, we're just done, I guess."

"You can't keep this up. We both know that even you have a limit. I saved you. From a lifetime of being alone. You owe me." The Handler went in to shoot us, but her gun was out of amo.

"We do owe a debt," I smirked. Five spacial jumped us to be behind The Handler. "But it's not to you."

I ignited the grenade we stole, waving it in the air with a smirk before throwing it at The Handler's feet.

"Shit," she whispered.

Five threw his arm around my waist and dragged me out of the room. We hid behind a wall, watching the explosion erupt. Five now spacial jumped us to the briefcase room, grabbing a briefcase quickly before throwing another grenade into the room. We ran out just as the room exploded.

I wrapped my arms around Five's waist as he held up the briefcase. The electricity crackled, and we landed on the bar table in front of Allison, Luther, Klaus, and Diego.

(TODAY)

"Je-Jesus!" Allison yelled.

I groaned, letting my body go limp under Five's body. He still held the briefcase, and he groaned as well.

"Guys, am I still high or do you see them to?" Klaus asked. Five rolled off of the table, me doing the same after him.

"Where have you been?" Luther asked us.

"Are you alright?" Allison questioned. She helped me up off of the floor, dusting my clothes down. "Who did this?"

Five grabbed the coffee previously in Luther's hand and I grabbed the coffee previously in Allison's hand. "Irrelevant," I muttered, standing up and downing the coffee.

"So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us," Five explained.

"The Umbrella Academy."

"Yeah. But with me and Wednesday, obviously. So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No," Five beamed.

"And to give a fighting chance to see next week, we've come back with a lead," I told them. Five held up the paper. "We know who's responsible for the apocalypse. This is who we have to stop.