• 17 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

"Hey. Get up. We're going."

Five and I didn't bother to ask permission to enter Klaus's room. After our little kiss, Five and I lay down on his bed and, well, talked about how we felt for each other.

And he called me his girlfriend.

His girlfriend! I know! It's awesome!

We'd wasted about an hour on feelings, and shortly after that Five changed into his uniform again and I changed into my teal skirt and a new blouse. And now we're here.

"Where?" Klaus asked, fumbling around with some crochet tools.

"To save the world," I answered.

"Oh, is that all? Great," Klaus muttered.

"So, Pogo said dad killed himself to get us all back together, right? So it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but dad, he can't time travel. So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?
Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical. Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse," Five rambled.

"Yeah but I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes," Klaus explained.

"He already had me to do that, remember?" I joked.

"Me too," Five agreed. "But what if the old man really knew it was going to happen?"

"Yeah but knew how?" Klaus protested.

"No idea," I chimed. "But the fact that remains, his fakakta plan worked. We all came home. Since we're here we might as well save the world."

"Oh yeah? What like the three of us?"

"Uh, well, ideally no, but...gotta work with what I've got," Five sighed. We watched as Diego sped through the house, taking off his jacket as he ran. "Where have you been?"

"Jail. Long story. Where's Luther?" He replied.

"Jail?" I asked.

"Haven't seen him since breakfast," Five told Diego.

"Yeah. Two days until the world ends, he picks a great time to drop off the grid," Klaus said.

"Shit," Diego breathed out. "Allison is in danger."

Five, Klaus, and I sent each other nervous glances.

We found him at a bar.

"Look," Klaus praised, pointing at Luther who was seated at an empty table. "Trying a little hair of the dog, are we?"

"Leave me alone," Luther mumbled.

"Luther—"

He cut me off with a glare. "You're still a fucking child, Wednesday. Think you're tough. Waltzing around, killing innocent people. Stop acting like you understand what I'm going though because you don't."

I was at a loss for words. Five grabbed my hand possessively. "She doesn't understand what you're going through? She doesn't understand?" He fumed. "She and I spent 45 years alone. Hardly any food, shelter, clothes, and you spent four years alone with clothes, shelter, and food and now you're gonna fucking complain?"