• 5 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦

"Do you want me to do it?" I asked. Five nodded, and undid his belt so I could tie it around his arm. I did just that, and after making sure it was nice and tight, I went behind the counter and began to search the cabinets for a sharper knife. Where's Diego when you need him?

As I fumbled around, Five grinned. "Nice to see that you used the skills I taught you back there."

"Oh, please." Finally, I found a cabinet filled with spoons, forks, knifes. I sat beside Five and looked up at him through my eyelashes.

"Just get it over with," he said. I quickly averted my eyes back down to his arm and made the slit through it. It wasn't big, but I definitely wasn't small. Five winced slightly, but it look less than ten seconds for me to find the tracking device in his arm. He groaned as I pulled it out, and once I was done I took a large, white towel from the kitchen and wrapped it tightly around Five's newfound wound. "Thanks, Wednesday."

"I do that for a living, Five," I retorted.

"Cut open my arm in search for a tracking device after fighting a bunch of professional assassins inside a donut shop at night?" He chuckled.

"No, I take care of you and your siblings for a living," I replied. Five grabbed his blazer and slipped it on before taking the tracking device and throwing it to the ground. He proceeded to smash it, and he grabbed my hand, leading me to the car. "Where are we off to?"

"Vanya's house," He told me. "Correction. Vanya's apartment."

Five opened the passenger seat door for me before circling the car and hopping into the driver's seat. He started up the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Do you think the police will find out that we were the ones who killed all those guys?" I asked.

Five scoffed. "Those idiots will think it was a suicide pack. Plus, the only witness was the old lady working there. She thought we were the tow truck driver's kids. She'll tell the police we were his kids, and that he left before the shooting happened. They have no evidence against us, Wednesday. We'll be fine."

Five and I sat silently in Vanya's apartment, waiting for her arrival. "She's gonna get scared," I exclaimed.

Five shook his head. "She'll be fine."

The door opened, and Five turned on a nearby lamp. Vanya gasped slightly, before sighing loudly. "Jesus!"

"You should have locks on your windows," Five suggested nonchalantly.

"I live on the second floor," Vanya told us, and exasperated expression crossing her pale face.

"Rapists can climb," Five and I told her in unison.

"You guys are so weird," she muttered, closing the door to her apartment and sitting down on the couch. "Is that blood?" She asked Five. I looked to her gaze, and noticed she was staring at the area where I'd cut his arm.

"It's nothing," Five mumbled.

"It's something," I breathed out. "Can you bring me some proper medical supplies? Then I can clean it up correctly. Just to be safe."

Vanya nodded. "I'll be back."

She disappeared into her apartment, and I turned to Five. "Nothing? Really? I didn't have the right equipment. You could be losing blood for all I know. You could die of blood loss. And then what? I save the world on my own? I can't do that! I don't even have powers. I don't even—"

Five sighed and cut me off abruptly. "You care too much."

"No. I care just enough, Five. I can't lose you. Imagine if you went into the apocalypse without me?"

Five coughed. "That would've been horrible. Who would I have for company? An old mannequin that I'd fall in love with and name Delores?"

I giggled softly as Vanya returned with a first aid kit in her hand, and she passed it to me. I thanked her quietly, and began to remove Five's blazer. "Why are you guys here?"

Five's expression stayed solemn. "We've decided you're the only one we can trust."

I pulled away the towel I had placed there, and I inhaled sharply. I grabbed a cotton ball from the kit and some rubbing alcohol. I poured the alcohol onto the pad, and I began rubbing it on and around the wound. Five winced slightly, but composed himself quickly.

"Why me?" Vanya asked, staring at the way I fixed Five's wound.

"Because you're ordinary," Five answered simply. I pressed harder on his cut. A way of saying, That was rude.

"Because you'll listen," I corrected Five. After a long pause, he continued. "When I was time traveling, Wednesday was holding onto my arm, which forced her to jump through with me. When I jumped us both forward and got us stuck in the future, do you know what we found?"

Vanya shook her head no.

"Nothing," I whispered. "Absolutely Nothing. As far as we could tell, we were the last two people left alive."

"We never found out what killed the human race, but we did find something else. The date it happens," Five explained.

I continued to touch up the wound, and I pulled out some athletes tape form the kit and began to wrap it around Five's wound. "The world ends in eight days. And we have no idea how to stop it."

Vanya paused. "I'll put on a pot of coffee."

YESS

also, no shade to Delores i honestly love her with all my heart lol.

-maya☔️