• 13 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘯𝘢' 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

Their car approached. I hummed. It was speeding towards us, the engine revving. "Here we go," I muttered.

Luther, Five, and I all stepped out of the car carefully. When Hazel and Cha-Cha noticed our phony briefcase, they began to come to a stop. "If this all goes sideways, I wanna say I'm sorry," Five said to me.

I frowned, but took Five's hand nonetheless and walked with him to meet Hazel and Cha-Cha. As we stood in front of each other, I smiled cheekily. "Are the masks really necessary?"

Hazel and Cha-Cha removed their masks before throwing them to the side. "So, Where is it kid?" Cha-Cha grumbled.

"Wow, that's how you're gonna start? You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day," Five suggested.

Cha-Cha pulled out a gun. "You won't even make it halfway there."

"Maybe," I beamed. "But as I'm sure you found out in your previous foray, my friend is not your average giant."

"He's right. You dropped a chandelier on him, got right back up," Hazel grumbled.

"By the time you took him out, he'd smash your precious briefcase to a pulp," Five chimed in.

"Probably us too, right?" Hazel said. "So how do we help each other?"

"We need you to get in contact with your superior so we can have a chat with her," I demanded. "Face to face."

"About what?" Cha-Cha asked.

"Well, I don't believe that's any of your concern."

"Just don't tell her about the briefcase," Cha-Cha pleaded.

"Fair enough."

Hazel and Cha-Cha turned around to call The Handler, and Five grabbed my hand tightly as walked back towards Luther. I leaned against the trunk of the car.

"What happens now?" Luther asked.

"We wait," Five replied simply.

The only sounds were the sound of the wind and... "Ice cream truck?" I mumbled.

Across the road, an ice cream truck could be seen approaching us. "Is that her?" Luther inquired.

As the truck rode past us, I covered my mouth as a fit of giggles exploded from me.

Klaus was driving the ice cream truck, Diego firmly sat in the passenger seat. Klaus waved hello at us, and I waved back.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Five hissed.

"It's a setup!" Cha-Cha exclaimed as she and Hazel began to shoot at the truck. Luther blocked Five and I, but from a peek in his hand I could see the truck pushing Hazel and Cha-Cha back into the air. I couldn't stop giggling.

Then, everything stopped, including me.

* FIVE *
(TODAY)

It all stopped. Luther stopped, the truck stopped, Hazel and Cha-Cha stopped mid air, and Wednesday stopped; her smile shining through showing off that glint in her eye that I loved so much. I grabbed her arm, jumping us from behind Luther to the middle of it all.

"Neat trick, isn't it?" She hummed. "Hello, Five. You look good, all things considered." The Handler turned to Wednesday and gasped. "Wednesday looks gorgeous. Have you two gotten together yet? I always wanted that to happen."