Fred x reader / Kid's are alright

Requested on tumblr.

Word count: 3.7k+

Warnings: Mild swearing

With 3 kids it wasn't hard for your day to be full of trouble but today had seemed worse maybe because Fred had taken a longer shift than usual at the shop or maybe because your two 6-year-old twin girls, Harper and Ellie had made it their mission to drive you insane. Their younger brother, Alex who was only 3 seemed to want to follow in their footsteps.

It had started with a screaming argument between the two girls upstairs which had led to hair-pulling and tears. You broke it up, only for your youngest son to turn defiant during breakfast and him attempting to scream nonsense at you. Then there had been the prank in the garden in which Harper had set up a trip wire at the door with Ellie's help and needless to say it didn't end well for you, especially when you were carrying a basketful of laundry out said door. Sometimes you hated their inherited mischievousness. And now all 3 of your children had somehow stolen your wand and were currently running around the house shooting un-aimed sparks at the walls.

"Stop it right now!" Your voice was growing louder but all it seemed to encourage was giggles. You chased after the eldest twin who held the wand tightly. "Harper Ginevra Weasley!" Harper, in her fit of laughter, tripped over her own feet and a loud bang sounded as the spell hit a wall which housed many photo frames. One after the other fell and smashed, glass covering the carpeted floor. All 3 children seemed to stop dead in their mischievous tracks, all with the same guilty look. You did your best to keep calm as you told them all to go and take a time out in their rooms.

You sat on the floor, looking at the broken glass surrounding the hallway. You knew a quick spell could fix it but you started to cry anyway. It's just been a long day, you told yourself as you used reparo on the glass frames which begun to repair themselves with each swish on your wand. Just as you were finishing cleaning up the remains of glass, the front door opened and a cheery familiar voice lifted your spirits.

You didn't miss a beat as you ran towards your husband and flung your arms around him. He soon returned the hug after the initial surprise of its force with a calming stroke on your back. You sobbed lightly into his shoulder and he pulled back concerned. "Hey, what's wrong?" Fred's hand caressed your cheek and the comforting action just made you cry more.

"I'm just glad your home." You sobbed as he wiped your tears away with gentle hands. He still looked heavily concerned but before he could say anymore, 3 pairs of feet were running towards him. You hurriedly wiped the rest of your tears away and smiled as all 3 of your children hugged their father, even pulling him to the ground with matching laughter.

"Okay, okay." Fred panted as he held his hands up in feigned surrender before tickling them all. You laughed and felt a different kind of emotion well up in you – happiness for the family in front of you, your family. And then another voice from the door broke the moment.

"Hey." George entered, hidden behind 2 large stacked boxes. You helped him in and gave him a hug in greeting before his nieces and his nephew had the chance to smother him with their adorable hugs.

"Uncle George!" You watched as the 3 kids gave their uncle the same treatment as their father, hanging onto his legs and hugging him from all different angles. George loved the attention and started to tickle them wildly. You left to the kitchen with a smile, thinking of the complaints from 3 hungry children.

A while later just as you had everything magically chopped and diced, you felt hands snake around your waist and a gentle kiss to your neck. "Hey love." You could feel Fred's smile as he continued kissing you and you sighed happily, turning around to meet his lips with your own.