George x reader / Worth it

A/N Requested on tumblr a while back. It's one of my favourites and I realised I hadn't uploaded it here so now I am XD. Requests open, here and on tumblr. Enjoy :) A/N

Warning: None particularly except for a tiny implication towards smut (blink and you'll miss it) and lots of fluff.

The small red headed boy stopped in the middle of kings cross station. He looked up at the tall barrier dividing platforms nine and ten and gulped. How in merlins name was he supposed to walk through seemingly hard brick? He knew it had been done, his parents had spent 7 years of their life going through this exact barrier and his older sister had just passed through it literally moments ago. So why couldn't he do it?

Just as he took a deep breath, he felt a hand on his shoulder. The young boy looked up to see his father's smiling face.

"Hey buddy, i know it's scary but trust me once you go through the barrier, it's even more terrifying." The boy's eyes widened, his heart beating faster out of nervousness.

"George! Don't scare him." The boy's mother hit her husband hard on the arm and reached out to rub her son's back comfortingly.

"What I'm only joking?" The older red head shrugged and laughed it off before his wife shot him a glance which shut him up, his son gave a small nervous laugh to follow. He looked back up at the barrier and saw his mother bend down to his level on his other side.

"Hey Freddie," she stroked his ginger hair and gave him a comforting smile that made most of his fears fade. He smiled half-heartedly back. "It's gonna be okay." She nodded encouragingly at him and he smiled wider, more confident. "Just take a deep breath, close your eyes and go for it." He did exactly as his mother said and suddenly he was running through the stone wall coming out triumphantly onto a bustling platform with a sign overheard that read "platform 9 and 3/4".

(Your POV)

"Jeez, you took your time." Your 13 year old daughter impatiently tapped her foot as you walked onto the familiar platform with your husband by your side. She was standing with her luggage, a silver tabby in a cage perched on top.

"That's enough of that attitude, Violet." You firmly told her. Violet huffed a little, nodding begrudgingly.

Your daughter was more similar to you in appearance with her (y/h/c) hair but her impatient nature was definitely something inherited from George as well as her chocolate brown coloured eyes. However, Violet also prided herself on her independent and bookish traits which were more related to you. Fred on the other hand was definitely George Weasley's son. He was mischievous down to the bone and had been since he was about 4 years old. He also bore a striking resemblance to George except for his (y/e/c) eyes.

Violet started bickering to her younger brother as you looked around at the familiar scene; parents hugging their children and ensuring they had everything, children meeting each other perhaps for the first time. It made your heart swell to think of your fond memories of meeting Fred and George on the platform after long summers and Christmases apart and boarding the train, the long ride to Hogwarts full of laughter and flirting mainly between you and George.

The hem of your coat was being tugged, pushing your memories to the back of your mind. "Mum!" You looked down to see Violet with a furious expression. "Fred's going to embarrass me in front of all of my friends! Why didn't you send him to beauxbatons again?" You rolled your eyes, this had been going on all summer - Fred teasing Violet about Hogwarts and vice versa.

"It was only because you said I was going to be in Slytherin!" Fred yelled at his sister. They both threw angry looks at each other, you urged George to step in. You gave him a meaningful look and he caught on after a second just as the two siblings were about to reach out to hit each other.