George x Reader // Puppy Love

A/N warning for mass amounts of fluff. That's all 😊 A/N

I knew something was strange from the minute I arrived at the front door. What sounded like small tiny yelps were coming from upstairs.

I rolled my eyes, it was probably yet another great invention George was trying out. I smiled to myself before opening the door and letting myself in to the flat.

Most of the time, I loved the inventions George came up with for the shop and helping him test them, that is when the inventions weren't blasting holes in the wall or melting vases, that one was a lot of mess.

The yelps became louder as I walked into the small flat that me and George shared above the shop.

And there it was; a most perfect sight to behold. George laying on the sofa and playing with a tiny puppy on his chest who was barking playfully at him and licking his face. I swooned a little at the sight of my boyfriend with the tiny creature.

As soon as George saw me he smiled and jumped up carefully placing the puppy on the sofa where it began chasing its tail in a cute little circle.

He pecked me on the cheek while I gave him a glare that read 'really? A puppy?'.

But I couldn't stop the smile on my face as I watched George shrug his shoulders and move to pick up the pup from where it had began licking itself.

"Okay. Okay. But look at his little face before you say no." He held the puppy's face next to his and pouted with a similar expression to the puppy dog.

My heart melted again and i scratched the small dog behind the ears and let out the biggest grin.

"How could I say no?" I said giving in. George beamed and handed me the puppy to hold. It was so soft, like a teddy bear.

I didn't realise I was mumbling nonsense words at the dog until George started to laugh and joined in. We then both sat down on the sofa with the puppy cuddling down on my lap.

"So does he have a name?" I asked, George nodded with a smug grin on his face.

"Yep. Bertie." He looked immensely proud at himself for the name choice.

I looked confused at him, raising an eyebrow. "What? Why Bert-?" And then the realisation hit me. "Really? Like Bertie Botts every flavour beans?" George nodded, still proudly and I stared in disbelief at him before starting to laugh.

"Bertie?" The little puppy looked up in my direction.

"See he already knows his name." George cooed whilst the dog licked his hand. I smiled at my boyfriend's adorableness. I shrugged and just guessed I'd grow to love the name Bertie, even if it was named after jelly beans.

6 months later, I came home to more barks and found another dog playing with Bertie. I looked at George with the same little glare and he explained that he was just walking by the shelter when he saw her and he thought that Bertie might be lonely so he brought her home. He offered it as an early birthday present to me and when I saw how happy the new female dog made not only Bertie but George as well I agreed before telling my boyfriend he had a problem.

"At least I'm not bringing home dragons and what not." He retorted back.

I held up my index finger towards him, "and no naming it after food."

"But pumpkin pasty fits her, don't you think?" He smirked at me.

I smiled in spite of myself, "No. I think," I went over to the beautiful dog and petted her. "We should name her Lola." George agreed and kissed you on the lips.

And a year later when Bertie and Lola had beautiful puppies, George thought it was time to think about his future.

So one night, when George attempted to cook me a meal from one of his mum's recipes and I helped him cook it to prevent burning the house down, we both cuddled up on the sofa and watched one of the old muggles films he knew I loved.

Halfway through the film, Bertie came up to me with a small box tied to his collar and barked to get my attention.

I was confused at this and looked at George who just smiled at me. I grabbed the box and untied it from the collar before George held up a finger and told me to wait. I obliged, itching with curiosity.

He came back with a single rose and took the box from my hands before getting down on one knee.

"Y/N," i felt my eyes start to water as I realised what he was doing. "I love you so much and I've known for a long time now that I want to spend the rest of my life with you until we're both sat in rocking chairs, laughing until we break a hip." I gave a watery chuckle and noticed that I was crying. "So Y/N," He took a deep breath before continuing. "will you marry me?"

I nodded my head vigorously and mumbled the word yes over and over again until he embraced me and put the diamond ring on my finger.

And in that moment of perfect bliss, life was everything I had dreamed of and more with George Weasley.