George x reader / Expelled

A/n Decided to reopen requests but they might take me a while to answer because I've got a few to write already 😊 warning for swearing. A/n

(Y/h) - your Hogwarts house

"I'm sorry miss (l/n) but after everything you have done I find no further solution than to expel you permanently from Hogwarts school."

You heard the word 'expel' repeated in your mind hours after it had happened. The squeaky voice that spoke grated on every last nerve ending in your body. You bit back your tears as you packed another item of clothing into your trunk. Luckily everyone was still in class and the truth of your expulsion had not yet been rumoured.

You looked at your now full trunk of clothes and took a deep breath before letting your tears fall freely. You sobbed and threw yourself into the free space of mattress which was still adorned in the (y/h) colours. God you were gonna miss this place.

And it wasn't just the place you were going to miss, the fact of which a jumper strewn across the floor reminded you. It was an old jumper which bore a large G on it. You held it close to your heart, smelling George's cologne on it. He let you have it after you always insisted on wearing it. "It looks better on you." He'd say with a laugh.

And suddenly you dreaded the goodbye which would have to be soon; Umbridge had said that someone would be by to collect you tomorrow morning.

You had one last feast, one last dinner before it was all over. You hurriedly wiped your tears with the sleeve of your robe and hoped to Merlin you didn't look as if though you'd been crying that badly.

/////

The great hall was full of happiness and cheer; the complete opposite to your mood. A few people who had been in your class in which Umbridge had called you out of earlier turned your way and whispered. You avoided them and sat at your house table, far enough away from people to be by yourself. All the teachers must have known because many of them were either giving you looks of pure pity or were glaring at Umbridge angrily especially Mcgonagall who had earlier pleaded your case to the best of her ability.

You just wanted to enjoy your last Hogwarts feast before facing the wrath of your parents disappointment tomorrow but suddenly you were being surrounded by 3 Gryffindor boys.

"Hey (y/n)." Lee was too enthusiastic for your liking especially in your current mood. Fred was sitting opposite you with a large smile and George had occupied the seat next to you, he tentatively grabbed your hand and smiled. You accepted his hand, interlocking your fingers and looked down towards your food. You enjoyed the warm temperature of his hand and the strength of his reassuring squeeze.

"What's wrong?" George asked, his voice sick with worry. You shook your head. I should tell him. It's best he heard it from me.

"Bad grade." You shrugged your shoulders and your brain slapped itself. You never had been good at goodbyes so why try. Fred rolled his eyes but George still looked worried, he wasn't convinced.

"Bet it was from that old hag wasn't it?" Fred moaned and Lee laughed. You nodded not really listening as he went on before you quickly excused yourself away. You felt everyone's eyes on you as you ran out the door.

//////

George's brow furrowed heavily down as thought about the things he'd done wrong in the last 24 hours. Nothing immediately bad came to mind making him more confused at your behaviour.

Fred seemed to notice this as Lee strode off with Angelina seemingly unfazed by your storm out. "Georgie she's probably just had detention with Umbridge or something." Somehow Fred thought these words would be reassuring. George's head snapped up from where he had been absentmindedly playing with the food on his plate.