Fred x Reader // When you're gone

A/N Warnings for angst and grief. Loosely based on Taylor Swift's last kiss song. A/N

It had been 3 months now. 3 months without his kiss, his touch, his smell. 3 months without Fred.

You were staying in the flat above the shop with George. You were both relying on each other through the grief. You walked out to the smell of fresh coffee and gave a small sad smile to George.

You gratefully took a cup. He talked to you about maybe opening up the shop again and you nodded telling him it was a good idea. He went off about his plans but you couldn't think straight. Today was supposed to be your one year anniversary with Fred.

You thought back to your first kiss with him on the astronomy tower. He had surprised you with a picnic, mainly composed of nicked sweets from honeydukes with some butterbeer. You told him all you knew about the stars and their meaning before he told you how beautiful you were and you kissed him. It was perfect.

You didn't realise that you were crying until George had snapped you out of your daydream. You wiped the tears away before excusing yourself to the small guest room that was once an office.

Neither of you deemed it appropriate to sleep in the same room, least of all in Fred's bed.

You opened the box under your small bed and pulled out an old jumper that Fred had given you for Valentine's Day. He forgot a gift and said that the F stood forever. You laughed excepting it knowing he had plenty more and appreciating the small gesture of the last minute gift under one condition he made it up to you later, you said that with a wink and he flustered nodding with a smirk.

You put the baggy jumper over your pyjamas and sat on the bed. You held the fabric close to your nose and you could still smell him. You smiled through your tears.

The grief overwhelmed you. You would never feel his heart beat again when you laid on his chest. If only you could have one more second with him and kiss him. Tell him you love him one last time.

You looked at the picture standing on your nightstand, it was of you and Fred at Bill and Fleur's wedding. You were both smiling from ear to ear, Fred turned to look adoringly at you in the moving picture.

George knocked gently on the door. You whispered come in and he did so. He took one look at you and immediately enveloped you in a hug. He let you sob into his shoulder.

"I miss him so much." You whispered between sobs.

George muttered "me too", crying softly himself. You stayed like that for long while before you both got hungry and decided to eat.

You didn't know exactly why but it made it easier to have George there as someone going through what you were even though it must be ten times harder on him. It was nice to have a friend.

You slept with Fred's jumper every night and although you knew he wasn't coming back, you liked to reimagine the taste of his lips on yours and you knew his name would always be the last on your lips.