George x Reader / Finding each other

A/n Reminder that I'm open to requests for any of my oneshot stories. This is another Weasley twin bday fic because I decided to make it even. This is a post-Hogwarts and post-battle fic. I apologise for any rushed inaccuracies or anything. I might have cried a little at the beginning of writing this but to be fair I saw a sad Fred and George post before writing it so I can't be blamed. Enjoy this lovely little ficlet. It's a little angsty but mainly fluff. A/n

Warnings: mentions of death and grief.

*****
George hadn't celebrated his birthday properly since he was 20. He didn't enjoy presents or parties and insisted that he be alone for most of the day. Sure he'd pop to see his family at the burrow but he'd leave with in half an hour. It was just all too much without Fred.

Sometimes he liked to visit the shop downstairs and look around or pretending he was busy. Weasley's wizard wheezes had been closed for a year now, George didn't have the heart to start it up again not without him.

George would often sit by the window in the summer and watch all the new excited students come to collect their school stuff, they'd all glance at the shop they'd been told about. All their excited faces would fade when they looked to see the once fun-filled shop full of despair and abandonment reflecting the current shop owner's mood. But on April 1st there weren't any students just traders and adults out shopping for the day.

Then he'd go back up to his small flat and try his best to not think about what day it was and how 3 years ago it was always one of the happiest/ funnest days of his life. He'd go to bed early and that would be that.

3 months later, George had a dream that created a spark in him. It was almost like a memory. He was with Fred and they were in the early stages of setting up the shop. All the windows were still boarded, the floor full of tiny pesky creatures and the atmosphere of the shop screamed gloomy. But they were both excited, it was their shop something they had wanted for so long and that had finally come to fruition.

"Well we did it, Georgie." Fred patted him on the back and looked around. "Let's get to work."

And then as though in a flash forward, the shop was complete. It was marvellous and fun and everything they wanted it to be. They dressed in their stylish suits and headed out front to take a picture. And then customers flooded in and George felt happy, happier then he ever truly had at Hogwarts.

George woke up with a fire in him. He rushed down to the shop and began to make notes of things that needed fixing. He wanted to be that kind of happy again and although it probably wouldn't be the same, he had to try. He spent the next month renovating the shop. Instead of pretending to look busy, he actually was and it felt good. It took his mind off everything. The shop was cleaned spotless and everything was set back up including some new products that George had thought up in the aftermath of the war. Just as he was putting the finishing touches around the place, he heard the little bell ding announcing the arrival of someone. George jumped, he had been working alone and the shop wasn't open to customers yet.

A woman came in who had luscious (y/h/c) hair and was appropriately dressed for summer. The first thing George thought as she looked curiously around the store with an amazement in her eyes, is that this girl was beautiful. She finally spotted George and smiled.

"I'm sorry we're closed." George had an armful of boxes and gave her a small apologetic smile. She looked disappointed at this news and sighed.

"Oh I'm sorry to disturb you, it's just I've heard so much about this shop and it wasn't open when I was at Hogwarts. It's just my luck." The girl looked sad like she had missed an opportunity. "My grandmother told that jokes weren't going to help me get anywhere in life so she never let me visit when I came back home and of course my Mum had to listen to her mum and-." She turned red, looking highly embarrassed at her ramble and cut herself off. "And I'll stop now."