Inside out

(Hosuh's pov)

  We had been traveling for four days now and we have come across some crazy shifty crap, it's kind like the purge but...well...everywhere.
     We got out of Montreal by the time the bombs dropped there. But it's still so painful to know my home is a radiated wasteland.
      "S-Stephen we need to stop for the night it's really c-cold!" I said putting my arms into my hoodie.
      "Well shit we're out in the open and we are in the middle of no where." He said looking back at me.
      Dan heard us and put himself into the conversation
      "I think that Hosuh is right we need to stop and find some kind of shelter."
      "Thank you Dan." I said looking over to him.
      "Fine but if we don't find shelter within the next half hour we are going to keep moving." He said looking sternly at me and Dan.
  "Let's get looking then shall we." I said Breaking the small window of silence.
  "Ya!" Dan said enthusiastically.
      As we all walked moved I started to fall behind the group to make a shelter myself. It was sad but I could tell they didn't notice I was gone. I moved into the woods and picked up the driest pieces of wood and grabbing some of the pinetree branches to weave them together to make mats to place within the shelter I was making. I dug a small pit then made a fire. I called out to Dan and Stephen.
     "Guys I "found"a shelter." I shouted hoping they hadn't walked to far to hear me.

( Stephens POV)

      Oh I didn't even see he was gone. "Ok where coming back!" I yelled.

(Hosuhs POV)

      Hearing his voice instantly filled me with relief. I sat down and relaxed on the log I dragged over when I made the fire. I heard running coming to the camp site. The footsteps moved into a slow walk at the edge of the site when they stopped at my blind spot.
      "Welcome back guys" I to said to them still looking into the embers of the fires flames.
      When I got no response I grabbed my knife from my bag and slid off the log and into the shelter I made, And just sat there and held my knife out. And as if stuff had to get worse my fears where confirmed, when Stephen and Dan ran up to the site but on the complete opposite side of where this other thing was supposed to be positioned.