1. Seek

The man unlocked the desk draw and pulled out the thin file, opening it carefully to read again the information inside, no matter how many times he read it, he came to the same conclusion. the St Croix family line would bring the destruction of his council, this could not happen, there was one St Croix left, the child who had been missed in the original cull, if he could find her, the risk would be over. The public could not know she was alive.
He remembered the outcry after the original cull, it nearly toppled the council, but we were strong enough to steer opinion our way, we were justified with what we ordered done.
We couldn't afford for the original prophecy to go public, people would panic, question us, question the council...because they didn't understand the need for the councils power, power that was wielded by men with vision, like himself and his friends on the council.
He would need to ensure those who had seen the original were kept quiet and sent a text to his assistant to have him come to the house.
His phone vibrated with a return text and he picked it up, Chase had been seen in the council headquarters, that wretched Fey, he had been a good hunter, the best and would have found the girl, but now he was Fey not hunter and the stupid faerie courts would not allow him back.
He pondered that for a minute before the question formed.
Why was Chase at the council?
Maybe it was time to hire a tracker to find the girl, or put out a bounty, some of those supernaturals would do anything for money, it would be more discreet than using council resources, he smiled to himself in self praise, What a good idea.

Xx
"We have a problem" Stone tells us coming into the room and scooping me onto his lap.
"Underhill has put a bounty on Tavi's head, dead or alive, he wants her" Stone explains worriedly.
Chase leans forward "how much is he offering?" and the boys scowl at him.
"One million" Stone groans and I realise that's bad, very bad, there's a lot of bad people who will be interested in finding me for that much money.
"Fuck, what do we do now" Blaze growls.
"Now we have to seek the truth and show everyone what's going on" Chase tells us standing up "I'll update the queens and come back, then we need to make some plans"
Stone wraps his arms tighter around me "We will keep you safe princess" he promises and I smile softly at him and then at my soulmates surrounding me "I know you will, and I know I haven't said it but I love you all".

"Now we have to seek the truth and show everyone what's going on" Chase tells us standing up "I'll update the queens and come back, then we need to make some plans" Stone wraps his arms tighter around me "We will keep you safe princess" he promise...