Chapter 13 - I'm so dead...

Start from the beginning

"Yeah what's up?" I asked looking at her for any sign of distress and then go back to reading the emails that I was trying to read for over an hour already

"Have you spoken to Steph yet? I mean have you told him that we are at the safehouse yet?" She asked all nervous because she knows how my brother can lose his shit, not that he would hurt her or anything but when his mad, his really pissed because when it comes to business and the protection of his family, he loses his shit when being disobeyed.

"I haven't spoken to him yet and no I didn't tell him anything about moving you guys here and I'm not planning on doing so either, unless he finds out about Francesco" I said to her, shutting the laptop as soon as she took a seat opposite me.

"Well if he calls me, I'm going to tell him where we are. I'm sorry I can't lie to my husband. You have to understand that Steph doesn't do well with me hiding things from him, we both know how he can react to lies and secrets, he sees it as a betrayal and I won't lose him over Mafia shit, I'm sorry" she says adamantly and I knew her mind was made up but what did I expect, I can't ask her to deceive her husband, that's wrong.

"Don't worry about it, I'll call him and tell him everything. I'm sorry for asking you to keep secrets from him and I'll make sure he knows that it was all me" I said and she shook her head, no.

"Let me tell him, please. We both know he won't lose it on me but he will definitely lose it on you" she says with a giggle and I grinned at her.

"Well then I'd say my mission would have been completed, when my brother gets home safe enough to lose his shit on me, I'd say job well done then, even if that means losing a leg or an arm, maybe even both" I said chuckling and she laughs.

"Yeah you're definitely losing something, that's for sure but even if he won't admit it, I'm sure he'll be grateful and proud of you, I know I am" she says with a loving smile and I returned her smile and leaned forward and pecked her on her cheek.

"Thanks" I said sitting back down on the couch after putting my laptop on the coffee table.

"So...." Kiara says dragging the word out and I looked at her questioningly because I knew there was more and whatever it is, I won't like it one bit. "A little birdie told me that my best friend confessed her love for you, how do you feel about that?" She asks entwining her fingers on her knees, sitting forward all interested in the goods.

"Well if this birdie was so informative about what was confessed, than I'm sure the birdie gave you all the goods" I said chuckling and shaking my head at my nosy sister in-law and she pouted, trying to give me some kind of puppy dog look.

"Common Dante, you know I love the both of you and this is big. I'm not trying to butt in, but I really want to help, I mean she really loves you and I know you've always loved her, I just want to help" she says innocently but I'm sure she is up to something.