"Oh, shut-up," I sneer, unbuckling my seat belt. "I was deep in thought!"

"Oh, is that so? What were you thinking about, Nikki, your hair?" He guffaws. I scowl and cross my arms over my chest.

"More like your hair. I'm thinking about the best way to shave your legs in your sleep." I smile sarcastically.

Dex snaps his mouth shut and looks down at his legs. "Oh, that's just cruel! I'm going back to footy-pajamas!" He says, making me laugh. The image of Dex, a 6'4, muscly, athlete in every sense of word, wearing footy-pajamas was more than hilarious. A bright red one would suit him.

"Are you implying you still have footy-pajamas?" I tease, stepping out of the car. I didn't even notice that Kate and Mrs. Harrison got out of the car! I must have been zoned out! My feet hit the pavement and I am instantly thankful Dex's jacket because the rain has turned icy and is coming down considerably harder.

I turn to see Dex gaping at my words. He looks so uncomfortable and it looks like he wants to swallow his words. "No, I'm... just... it was a joke!" He says, a blush creeping up his face. I skip over to him and wrap my arms around him tightly.

"Aw, did I embarrass little Dex?!" I coo, tilting my chin up so I can see his face. He pouts in the rain and I chuckle, drying my cheek on his shirt.

"N-Yes, and you owe me because you have damaged my pride! That's going to cost me a lot of money in therapy!" He jokes, leaning back so he can see my face.

"Oh, so sorry! What can I do to help you?" I joke, doing a deep, mocking curtsy. He leans down as if to whisper in my ear before changing his direction and kissing me. It was seriously like one of those movies where the guy kisses the girl in the rain and her foot pops up and he spins her around. Well, except for the last part, but I could put my foot up! I was already tempted to raise it into the air.

Dex had an overwhelming affect on me. It was like a hunger pushing through me, that with each touch only grew more hungry, and more hungry, never to be satisfied. I loved it, though. It felt right, like I had been waiting my whole life to feel that hunger.

I don't know how long we kissed. I didn't care; time didn't exist. In that moment it was just Dex and me, me and Dex. The world was blurry was hazy; like it was drunk. I was drunk, but not not on alcohol. I was drunk on Dex Harrison.

I feel my legs being knocked out from under me and squeal before feeling the pressure of Dex's lips on mine again. He carries me and kisses me all the way to the door. He leans is body on it and slides his elbow down to turn the knob. It pops open and I am carried over the thresh hold, bridal style, how pleasing.

"Ahem," I hear a voice from behind me say. I gingerly push on Dex's chest and he pulls away with a deep sigh. Kate stands in front of us with her arms crossed. She smiles and looks us up and down.

"Come on, Katie, why'd you ruin it?" Dex complains trying to lean towards me again. I shake my head and he sighs, letting me down.

"I'm too young to be an auntie, Dex," Kate says, waggling her eyebrows.

"Kate!" I say, feeling my face heat-up. She smiles pleasantly at me. To avoid her gaze, I look around the house. It is large, with tall ceilings and a giant chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The house itself is made up of stone and brick with deep hardwood floors. It screamed high-class, exactly where Dex would live. His Mother, the only person who can find a high-class beach house available in California on a budget. This was the nicest house I've seen besides Will's; his was a freaking mansion. I mean all of my friends were well-off, but that was nothing compared to Will's wealth. We weren't perfect, but Will, he was pretty darn close.

"Come on, Nikki, let's go watch a movie," Dex grumbles, a patch of red creeping up his neck.

"Don't bring the baby to me! I'm not feeding it," Kate calls as we descend the stone stairway. I nearly trip and fall from shock. Dex grumbles under his breath as we enter the den.

It is large, with beige walls and a large T.V. in the middle. It is surrounded by quite a few leather chairs and an old-fashioned popcorn maker sits in the corner. Exactly how I remember from back in Wisconsin. Dex's Dad kept it simple.

"Sorry, that was awkward," Dex says sheepishly.

I smile and wave my hand. "Ah, I missed Katie and her humor, it's all good in the hood," I say, knowing it would make him laugh. Sure enough, it did, the laughter reached his eyes.

"So, you know what you want to watch?" He questions, kneeling by the video cabinet.

"The Hunger Games!" I say, clapping my hands.

"Of course," he says, shaking his head, "I suppose you also want the crappy kettle corn too!"

I gasp, my hand flying to my chest. "How dare you! Kettle corn is flipping amazing!" I insist.

"It sucks, buttered popcorn is way better!" He says, shuffling through the cabinet.

"Kettle corn," I sing, skipping over to the pop corn machine. Mrs. Harrison loved kettle corn so I know she'll have it somewhere.

"Popcorn," I hear him retort, coming closer to me. I shake my head and dance from foot to foot as I spot the kettle corn. Come to Mommy, you little bits of deliciousness!

I hear Dex laugh and realize I must have said that out loud. I blush but reach for the food regardless. Dex wraps his arms around my waist and spins me around.

"Hey, stop distracting me from my kettle corn needs!" I say, pouting. He laughs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I have something you'll like better than kettle corn," he says, his voice low and husky.

"Oh, and what's that?" I ask, tilting my head. He leans in and kisses me. My body relaxes and I kiss back. Yes, this is certainly better than kettle corn.