38. Damian's Birthday part 1

Author's note:
I made up the date since I don't know Damian's actual birthday.

"Perfect" ~ Ed Sheeran (cover by Tyler Ward & Lisa Cimorelli)

       Please don't start the music until I say so. Thank you.
               ~ The Silver Angel

~~~Your point of view~~~
       It was August 9 today, Damian's birthday! You woke up at 5:00 AM like normal, but instead of sitting in your room you took a shower and got dressed as silently as possible.

~~~Your point of view~~~       It was August 9 today, Damian's birthday! You woke up at 5:00 AM like normal, but instead of sitting in your room you took a shower and got dressed as silently as possible

It was 5:37 AM when you went down. You hadn't bothered to do anything special with your hair today or even dry it, but it would dry as the day went on. You were going to bake Damian a birthday cake, sure Alfred usually did it, but you wanted it to be special. You knew that Damian didn't like extremely sweet things and actually preferred fruit to chocolate so you decided to make a lemon cake with blackberry frosting. You started by making the batter for the cake layers which you would pour in circular pans to bake in the oven. While the cake was baking in the oven, you cleaned the kitchen and Alfred came downstairs. He was slightly surprised to see you, but he was kind enough to help you clean a little before making pancakes. You and Alfred talked a bit about what was planned for Damian's birthday while the cake cooled and you made the blackberry frosting. You tasted some of the frosting; it was light and had the clear taste of blackberries. Alfred left to go do something after mixing the pancake batter so you were alone in the kitchen, frosting the cake. You washed some more blackberries and edible flowers you had asked Alfred to buy.

When the berries were washed, you let them dry a little before placing them on the cake with the flowers, occasionally you popped one into your mouth

When the berries were washed, you let them dry a little before placing them on the cake with the flowers, occasionally you popped one into your mouth. While you were finishing decorating the cake, two strong warm arms wrapped around you. If hadn't been Damian, you would have flipped the person. Damian rested his chin on your shoulder.

~~~Damian's point of view~~~
       I wrapped my arms around my girlfriend and rested my chin on her shoulder. "Good morning Beloved," I murmured.
       "Good morning my love," she stopped putting blackberries on a cake she had been decorating and turned to face me.
       "What are you doing?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.
       "Making a cake for later," she smiled wrapping her arms around my neck.
       "Why?" I questioned with a small smirk.
       "Because it's your birthday, Cinnabon," she kissed my nose.
       I poured slightly. "If it's my birthday then can I have a kiss?"
       "Alright," she smiled and stood on her toes slightly to reach my lips. I leaned in, but we were interrupted.
       "Happy Birthday Little D!" Grayson shouted. Y/n let go of me so Grayson could hug me. I hid my disappointment since I was hoping for a kiss.
       "Thank you, Grayson," I grunted as he gave me a bear hug. Y/n was ladling pancake batter into the frying pan since Alfred wasn't here. She put three on a plate for Grayson and handed it to him with some maple syrup. Y/n put three on a plate for me and placed it on the table where I sat, along with a glass of orange juice. Todd and Drake walked into the kitchen with Pennyworth.
       Todd ruffled my hair. "Happy birthday Demon Spawn," he grinned.
       Drake gave me a small awkward hug and sat down.
       "Happy birthday Master Damian," Pennyworth congratulated. "Thank you for making the breakfast Miss Y/n." Y/n placed three more plates of pancakes on the table as well as a bowl of chopped stone fruits.
       "What are we doing today?" I asked them. My brothers all looked at each other before Grayson and Todd grabbed Y/n, who was about to eat a piece of fruit, and pulled her out of the room.
~~~Tim's point of view~~~
       My brothers grabbed Y/n and pulled her out of the kitchen.
       "Hey what gives Dick?" She asked, a little annoyed.
       "We need you to get him out of the house or distracted so we can decorate for his party," Dick told her.
       "And how would I distract him?" Y/n crossed her hands over her chest.
       "Don't you have work you can bring him to or something?" Jason asked her.
       "No, I said I would be occupied today, but I can call in and go to the music label," she shrugged, holding up her phone.
       "Tell them you're bringing a guest," I told her.
       "Yeah okay," Y/n called the label and told them that she would do a few song recordings for them and that she was bringing Damian. She hung up. "Okay, but I have to change so no one recognizes me."
       "Fine, So you'll arrive with Damian tonight as the Siren. Do you mind singing for the party?" I asked her.
       "Not at all, I'll go change," Y/n walked upstairs to her room.