{16}Glassy Sky

💼Chapter 16💼
Glassy Sky

"How many days have passed like this?
The city, the crowd is fading, moving on.. "

     You and Ayato were preparing for the big night of your lives, you were about to leave when Ayato grabbed her hand.
"Ayato, what's the-" You were cut off by a kiss.
"Whatever happens to me out there, I just want you to know that.. that I love you." He said, tightening his grip on your hand.
   Now that you come to think about it, you can't remember when last someone told you that they loved you. And this maybe be the night that you won't see Ayato again, so he meant it.
     His words echoing through your head, your eyes began to water.
For the time that you were here, Ayato was always with you, though he was unwilling to.

"Not so strong without your quinque now, eh?"

"For what? For you to tell him where we are and track us down!?

"Your hair's white."

"Seeing that you're of good use to them, they're not gonna let you go. Not until you're dead."

"And one more thing, your old man ain't coming for you.."

"Shut up, will you?"

    You smiled with tears streaming down your face, "I love you, Ayato.."
He pulled you into an embrace, placing his forehead against yours. Just like he did the first time.
"Come, we have to go." He said, holding your hand on his way out to meet up with the others.
    As you held Ayato's hand and walked down the never-ending hall that you still haven't gotten used to, you remembered that today was (Date). It was your birthday. It's not like it would really matter though, because you doubted that ghouls celebrate their birthday.
But as for you, you had the most wonderful gift.
Ayato's confession to you.

💼💼💼

    As you were running about, slaughtering Investigators with your Kagune, you were stopped by your bestest friend. Juuzou Suzuya.
"We meet again."
"Yeah, did you spill the beans on me?"
"No, my lips were sealed." Juuzou gestured as he pretended to zip his lips.
"So, are you ready?" Juuzou said, pulling out his Quinque.
"Oh, so that's why you were taking Yamori's body.."
"You like it? I call it Juuzou's Jason." He said, spinning it between his fingers while dashing up toward you.
You blocked yourself using your Kagune and sent him back, "Not bad.."
You complimented him.
"I can say the same for you.." He took a quick bow then began attacking you again.
The clashing between your Kagune and his Quinque continued without parting for even a meter until...
"(Name), are you there?"
"Yes?" You held your earpiece, replying to whoever called.
"It's me, Name. Ayato is in trouble. He's fighting with your dad and it doesn't look like he's winning."

💼💼💼