Chapter 21

I woke up and stretched my body. It was long since I had a good sleep. I was feeling refreshed.

"Did you had a good sleep?" Nick asked me.

I nodded and looked outside. I could see small shops l, children playing, people talking. Soon we passed the crowded area and came across a beautiful house. It was surrounded by trees and cut off from the noisy part of the world. It was peaceful.

"Can you tell me about her?" I asked Michael curious about it.

"Her name is Alina Hammington. She retired from this business about 3 years ago and now runs a small antique shop. I hope she is at home" Uncle said to us.

"Then will she help us?" I asked him

"According to my sources, she performed last ritual rite a year ago"

"Hmm, I hope she help us"

We arrived in front of a beautiful small house. The trees surrounded the house cutting it of from the noisy world. The birds were tweedling. It was peaceful.

We went to the door and rang the doorbell. The sound echoed through. After few minutes, a lady in her late forties opened the door. She was attractive for her age. Blue eyes, chestnut-coloured hair.

"Yes? How can I help you?" She asked us cautiously.

"Umm , Miss Hammington, this is Ava" Uncle said pointing to me

"Come inside, I was waiting for you" she said to us.

We were surprised but went inside.

"Come, have a sit. Young man, be careful, there are some holy things around here" She said looking towards Nick.

He was surprised.

"You must be confused about what is going on right?"

We nodded.

"First, I had a feeling that someone might visit me soon, and here you are. Second, I can feel the presence of ghost even though I can't see them" She said smiling.

"So tell me how can I help you?"

"Do you remember 17 years ago you performed a ritual rite on a girl to suppress her psychic powers? She is the one" He said to her.

"Yes, how can I forget that? There are not many psychic around here. You have grown into become a beautiful women Ava" she said smiling.

"You might have heard about the murders going on, one about the boy?"

"Yes. I have but, it doesn't seem like normal killing" she said.

"He is that boy Nick, but he doesn't remember much about the day of murder" Michael said

"Oh that is a pity. Then, you need to catch him fast detective. So, how can I help you?"

He explained about our assumptions about the killer ghost.

She didn't said anything but asked her to follow to a room.

"Follow me, let me look into your future" she said to us looking serious.

We followed her to a room, which was dimly lit by candles. Some kind of antiques were present. Well it looked somewhat like a seance room.

We sat down.

"Give me your hands Ava" she asked me.

I kept my hands in her and she closed her eyes .

We all kept our focus on her. She seemed calm at first. Few minutes passed by. Suddenly she jerked back. She broke out in sweat. Her face seemed pale. She took a deep breath and asked us to wait un the living room. We stood up and went.

We didn't talk but we were all getting curious. Soon, she came.

"Ok, so I am going to tell you what I saw. It's rare but I saw your past and future"

"I am ready" I said.

"Ok then. When you came to me, I knew that you would be in danger, if I do not suppress your powers but the spell got broken the day you got in the accident. Your powers got revived. You may not remember but I was present there when Father Hans performed an exorcism on the ghost that was troubling you. That ghost got the whiff of your powers and wanted to host your body since it was stronger and spiritual a perfect vessel for ghost. So he first tried to became your friends but your instincts told you that you were in danger. He couldn't leave your house so he decided to host your body forcefully that's when your parents came to us for help. We performed the exorcism but his spirit vanished. We thought that maybe it was the end but I guess not. According to what you said detective, he has host another body. The body of the killer. He has now became more stronger and stable. He loves killing people but has targeted specific group. Since, he need to act according so the man's wishes. I guess the man desperately asked for help when he found a perfect oppurtunity to host him. But, now he has started attacking other group too. I guess he has fully controlled the body. He has become one with it. But he has the powers to change from one body to other only in special cases like psychic. He now wants the revenge for himself. I saw this much but Ava, Nick you need to prepare yourself for a battle with him. He is much stronger than the past. It live or die situation"

We were shocked by this information.

"So, how can we take him down? Nick asked her.

"Nick, I don't have the power to take him down, but there is someone who can help you" she said much to our surprise.

"He is the disciple of Father Hans, Priest Mason. He is young and energetic. Working with him might help you"

"Thank you Miss Hammington, for your time. We really appreciate it" I said to her smiling.

"Wait a second" she said and disappeared for few minutes before coming out with something in her hand.

"Wear this Ava, it is holy and will protect you for a short time"

"Thank you"

"I guess its time to go then" Michael said to her.

We bid her farewell and went outside. We sat in the car.

"Now, it's the time to visit Priest Mason. Let's go"

_________________________________________

"It has been years. I guess last time was not enough for you. Now, it my turn" Miss Hammington said darkly.

_________________________________________

So, the ghost is hosting a body and now has become stronger than before. Now, what will happen next?

Stay tuned ✌

Vote

Comment

Share