Chapter 19

"No, it's not what you think. I don't have any girlfriend. It's just that.. " he trailed on shaking his head.

"Oh come on Nick, tell me what is? What is that you wanted to do?" I asked him impatiently.

"Fine.iwanttogotoanamusementpark.Ineverwenttoone" he blurted out on one breath.

"What? Nick says it slowly will you? I can't understand you"

"I want to go to an amusement park. I never went to one . I was an introvert back in school and few of them bullied me It was kinda difficult to hang out with other people" he said looking down.

"Nick are you crazy?" I asked him calmly. How ironic.

"See? This is why I never wanted to tell anyone"

"I don't mean in that way idiot" I said flicking on his forehead .

"I am saying, you are crazy to think about it. Everyone loves amusement park. It's fine if you never went, people always experience new things first time" I said smiling cheering him up.

"Really? Can we go then?" He said pumping his fist in the air.

"Ofcourse, we can. Today is your day sir" I said saluting him.

"Thank you so much Ava. You are best. Thank you for being there for me my bestfriend" he said hugging me.

I smiled and patted him on the back.
"No problem bestfriend"

Since, our town didn't have one, we decided to go to Newland's Amusement Park which is 3 hour away. We reached the bus station  and took a bus directly and after 3 hour we reached our destination.

I bought two tickets for us. We paid the entrance and took in courtyard where souvenir shops, hotdogs stands were present there. It was bright, people were chatting and laughing with each other. The kids were running here and there. Some  were waiting for their turns while some went to check out other rides. The staffs received them with smile on their faces. The music was playing at full volume, some were dancing, some were singing along. Screams and laughter filled up the whole place.

"Yes!! Lets start the fun"

We decided to start with merry-go-round. I paid the tickets for two and went in sat. As soon as it started it it also ended fast. We then went to stall where we need to throw the rings. We were given 5 rings to throw but I failed. As I threw the ring aiming for the teddy. Nick crossed the line and went inside. I understood what he wanted to do. I threw the ring, it bounced off from target but Nick threw it in the head of teddy and it went directly. The owner was confused but gave me the teddy. We went few steps front and started laughing like crazy.

"Did,you see his face?" I said laughing.

"I did, he was shocked. It so was funny" he replied . It took us few minutes to calm down.

"Ava, let's go!" He said smiling.

"Where?"

"You know where!" He said smirking.

"Don't tell me....fine let's go, it's your day anyway"

As I was paying, the ticket checker asked me "Are you paying for two?"

"Yes,its all for myself". I looked towards Nick. He was excited. I was happy for him.

_________________________________________

NICK'S P.O.V

I was excited and nervous . It was my first time to ride a roller-coaster.We sat on the cart. The brakes let it go with clank and the carts shudder. The chains strain to pull us up and we soon reached peak. We could see whole amusement park. I barely time to admire my surrounding. The cart went down. WHOOSH! It turned right and left and one tornado spin. It happened so fast, all I can see the colours blending. I could hear screams and hooting. Mine got buried in their. The cart slowly came to stop. I was dizzy from the ride.

"Nick, are you ok?"

"Yes, just give me a minute"

I calmed down and "Ava, it was amazing. So, this what's it feels like. I felt I'll fly away, if I didn't wear any safety belts"

Ava was smiling and laughing at my excitement. We went for  more rides.  Afterwards Ava said she felt hungry so we went to a hotdog stalls and she took one and gave one to me after praying. After eating we started walking , looking at stalls when a clown appeared from nowhere.

"Hi Miss! Would you like to have a dance with me?"

She nodded and started dancing with him. The kids nearby also jumped up and down with them. Everyone looked so happy. Soon the music ended and everyone parted to their ways. The clown hugged her but her expression turned cold suddenly. She looked at me. I got worried so I asked "What's wrong Ava?" She turned back and started running towards the clown.

"Ava, what's wrong? Why are you running?" I shouted running behind her. It seemed she was following the clown. Soon a group obstructed the view and she came to stop. She looked dissappointed. Before I could ask her anything officer Joe came to us running.

"Ava, what happened? why were you running?"

"Good timing Officer Joe! Ask your men to look for a clown. He is the killer we are looking for!" She said urgently.

"What!?, don't worry, he must not have gone far" he said and commanded his men to look for him through transmisstor. And went away saying to wait for him.

I was shocked at her for this piece of information.

"How did you know he is the killer? He did not do anything did he? Are you all right?"

"He said that it's not fun that I don't remember him. He told me to look for my past memories. He said we will meet soon, this us how I knew about him, he was stalking us Nick, he never left us"

"Ava, calm down will you? It seems that he  knows you? He is asking you to remember your past memories" I said to her.

"Is he related to my forgotten memory? I need to find it about. I guess we need to tell Michael about it" she said determined.

Though I was dying to catch him. I didn't want to endanger her. She had been helping me from the start. If only I didn't ask her for her help she wouldn't have been in this mess. I am so sorry Ava. I kept that thought to myself.

_________________________________________

AVA P.O.V

I know Nick doesn't want me to get hurt but we are in this mess, we need to cut the core of this mess. Different emotions were displaying on his face.

He was so close, so close. If only I had any idea I would have catched him. I want to know what he is talking about? He knows me but I don't remember him. How dare he!! Ugh!!!

I saw officer Joe coming to us.
"Joe, did you catch him?" I asked impatiently. He looked dejected and shaked his head.

"This guy is playing with us! I called Michael, he will come soon"

"We need to catch him on his own game" I said determined.

"Do you have a plan?" He asked.

Nick looked at me confused. I gave me a reassuring nod that said he will know it soon.

He nodded. Officer Joe got a call in the midst.

"Hello, yes, we will be there" he said

"Detective has called us to control room. Come with me"

_________________________________________

What did you think about this chapter?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Stay tuned for upcoming updates !!✌