Chapter 15

John Ross stormed out the door and I sighed following him. "John Ross would you stop for a minute and talk to me?" I asked calmly. He ignored me and continued toward the car. "John Ross, he used to be my best friend in high school, okay? I kinda always knew he liked me and I honestly liked him but when my dad died a year ago, I ran away afraid to lose someone I cared about." He stopped at the car door, hesitating. "But John Ross, I'm not running from you. You told me I should finally let someone in and not live my life in fear of losing people."

He dropped his head then looked up again, "Ana, it just killed me to see how happy and comfortable you seemed with him right off, even though you hadn't seen him in a year. And now you're telling me that you loved him at one point, call me selfish but I'm not ready to let you go." He looked me in the eye, "I heard what he said about always loving you but he was willing to let you go to someone that'll treat you right. It makes me feel even more selfish that I wouldn't be willing to do that."

I walked right up to him, put my hands on both sides of his neck, and kissed him. My heart skipped a beat and I felt for once like I belong and it was a feeling I never wanted to go away. I pulled back, "That's what I would want, is someone who's willing to fight for me. Don't get me wrong it warms my heart that Ridge was willing to step aside because he believes you'll treat me well but he isn't you. I want you, John Ross."

He cupped my face and placed a feather light kiss on my lips then my forehead, "Sweetheart, I'm gonna drop you off at the airport, your ticket is all set for you. I want you somewhere where I don't have to worry about someone stealing you away from me." He teased, tucking a piece of hair that fell out of my ponytail, behind my ear. "I'll go back to the house, get your stuff and Cindy, then meet you at Jerald's tonight." He kissed me again, "If we get back late, keep your bed warm for me." He winked, then opened his door to get in the car.

I just shook my head, "John Ross, I told you I wanted you over someone else and all you do is change the subject." I felt my heart ache, maybe he didn't like me the way I liked him. I prayed I made the right decision choosing John Ross. I don't know him very well, I knew that. I knew he had more money than he'll ever need, which I could care less, I believe in making my own money anyways. I knew he liked horses, football, and his friends. He didn't seem to care about his family that much but he treated his friends as if they were family. He goes to college at ASA and is just in Texas for the summer. I shook my head again and got in the car with him.

I looked at him closely, "So?"

He looked back at me, "I'm glad you choose me, I'd be a very depressed man if you didn't." He had a spark in his eye that I figured to be teasing.

While looking in his eyes, I started to admire his good looks, wondering what I did to deserve someone like him. "So are we okay? I understand you are still going to be on edge when it comes to Ridge, but I just want to make sure that our, thing, is okay." I wasn't sure what to call what we had. Was it a friendship, a relationship, or what?

He took my hand in his, "There was never anything wrong, I was just jealous of an ex. It happens all the time, especially when you still have feelings for him."

I scowled, "I do not..."

John Ross cut me off, "Yes you do. I see your mind turning, wondering if you made the right choice leaving him again. Wondering if his love for you is enough, if he can give you a better life that fits your needs."

I sighed, "I do wonder if he's the safer choice. I know he loves me for me, that he can make me happy, and give me a life I'd want but my feelings for you are stronger, our chemistry is better and for once I'm going with my heart." I was being completely honest with him. "So don't screw it up." I teased.