chapter forty five.

Luna | Found

The mug was warm in my hand, but his smile was warmer. He had been nothing but inviting, kind and understanding. I could never repay him for the peaceful solitude that he had provided me with. In fact his kindness towards me could and would never be met, no matter how hard I tried.

A week away had provided me with enough time to reflect upon who I was, who I'd become and who I wanted to be. The last few months had been a shit storm just waiting to happen and I'd let it, and while there were a couple of things I would love to change; I just wouldn't. I wouldn't change a single thing.

I loved my mother, I loved my brothers, my father, my friends, and Luke. I loved Luke. I loved Luke. I loved Luke.

I wouldn't change a thing.

"Thanks."

A dunked the tea bag into the hot water for the last time before swinging it into the sink. It could be disposed of later. Neither of us cared much about the ever growing pile of tea bags in the sink, we both had more important things to deal with.

"It's just a cup of tea," he chuckled.

"Not the tea, I mean this. Letting me stay."

Again with the warm smile; it reminded me so much of Lukes. I couldn't stop thinking about Luke, I felt like he was here with me every second of the day. It may as well have been cheating; the constant reminder of Luke swaying the decisions I'd been pondering for days.

"I told you Luna, you're welcome anytime you need."

"Yeah but you weren't talking about this place," I reminded him and he just rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders. His way of saying stop being difficult, you know exactly what I mean.

"They're both equal parts my home, so you're equal parts welcome in both."

I smiled, "thanks Jack."

He reached over the island counter and ruffled my hair, "it's no problem. Now, I'm going to disappear to my man cave and finish up some work then I might go for a ponder in the park. Feel free to join."

I shook my head, "I think I'm gonna park my arse back on the couch and continue hiding out like the last 72 hours. Don't want to be spotted right before my magical reappearance, it'll ruin the magic trick."

"Well I'll leave you to drown in your loneliness then Luna, I'll let you know when I'm heading out."

Jack left roughly thirty minutes later while I was watching daytime television on his shit box of a TV. It was more decoration than anything; he had a nicer one with a gaming console set up in his bedroom. I was, however, no stranger to the static television, my own childhood television being one hundred times worse. Truth be told, I was barely focused on the screen across from me, it was just white noise to fill the gaps between my thoughts.

I had made the decision that tonight would be the last night I stayed in Jacks apartment. The shabby couch that had become my bed was just as sick of me as I was of it. However, I was grateful for it's flea ridden cushions, for providing me with a place to come to my senses and realise what the next chapter of my life was to become (as well as a little bit of input from the eldest Hemmings brother which may have had some bias persuasion).

Funnily enough I still had zero idea on how I was going to just waltz back into the lives of my friends. Honestly I didn't even know where I was going to go. I mean, yeah, I had the full intention of going to Dads first and having some sort of conversation, but who was to say he'd actually let me back in. My whole family was one giant mood swing, I couldn't predict anything when it came to any of them.